H96 max x3 stability problems

Povl H. Pedersen

Hi,

I am using the Debian from below location.

Running Containerized Home Assistant on my H96Max X3. After I started using that distribution instead of the very old balbes one, I have started to get crashes about every 5-7 days or so. Did slow down CPU in case it was heat etc, but no luck.

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this ? It just freezes and becomes unresponsive on network (ethernet and Wifi). I have not tried with keyboard/screen. I do have a WiFi power switch connected to it, so one of my other devices can power cycle it, but that is not the right solution. Tried a few upgrades.

Downloaded from a source that uses Armbian's name without permission, does not participate in the core development process and confuses users in to thinking that they would receive support for their images at Armbian's place and therefore wasting Armbian's resources.

*****/amlogic-s9xxx-armbian: Armbian for Amlogic and Rockchip. Support a311d, s922x, s905x3, s905x2, s912, s905d, s905x, s905w, s905, rk3588, rk3568, rk3328, etc. including install to EMMC and update related functions. (github.com)

Edited by Werner
clarification

Based on the link you posted, you are not using Armbian.  You are using builds from a fork of armbian for which the owners of that fork continue to use the Armbian name without permission (which causes confusion).  We can't help you here as those are not armbian builds.  You need to go to the site you downloaded from for help with their builds.