Bananapi-M5 and rtl8822cs wifi/bt board

glambert

Hello,

I got a BPIM5 with rtl8822cs board and a BPIM2+ with internal wifi chip for home automation.

I started my project (vpn gateway) with the ubuntu server distribution on BPIM5. I had a lot of instability of the wifi driver (lost of station in AP mode) and and the board crashed every two, three days.

I switches to ARMBIAN with the last Armbian 22.11.3 Bullseye with Linux 6.1.4-meson64.  This software seems to work fine on M2+ and wifi is fine and stable. So I tried to move my M5 to the same level.

The M5 boot on sd card, I move it on MMC memory and the board boot . Unfortunatly the wifi board (rtl8822cs sdio) is not recognized at boot .

Does the driver and overlays file available somewhere for the M5 board and the WIFI sdio board ?

Thanks for your help

Gerard

Hello,

I evaluated the last ARMBAIN build for bananapi m5 as the ubuntu version does'nt work fine in AP mode with the rtl8822cs. Unfortunatly the ARMBIAN ( Linux bananapim5 6.1.7-meson64 #22.11.4 SMP PREEMPT) does'nt include the dtbo file for this wifi board (rtl8822cs) 

Does someone write this dts file or has the dtbo file available ?

The driver seems to be available in the distro.

thanks 

Gérard 

Hello,

I evaluated the last ARMBAIN build for bananapi m5 as the ubuntu version does'nt work fine in AP mode with the rtl8822cs. Unfortunatly the ARMBIAN ( Linux bananapim5 6.1.7-meson64 #22.11.4 SMP PREEMPT) does'nt include the dtbo file for this wifi board (rtl8822cs) 

Does someone write this dts file or has the dtbo file available ?

The driver seems to be available in the distro.

thanks 

Gérard 

1 hour ago, glambert said:

Hello,

Does someone write this dts file or has the dtbo file available ?

We have DTS, I even tested it few days ago, but don't have the energy nor time to open PR ...

Thanks for your answer and sorry for breaking the forum rules that i understand. I just resend a post as I discover that it was in the wrong category and a third time probably by mistake (type twice on submit  by error) I did'nt want to put any pressure on persons who make their best to help the community.

To come back to my concern , I did again some research and unfortunatly , I am still in the same situation.

The last build Armbian_23.02.0-trunk_Bananapim5_bullseye_current_6.1.9.img does'nt recongnize the rtl8822cs board on bpi-m5.

I found an image on the banana-pi wiki Armbian_23.02.0-trunk_Bananapim5_bullseye_current_6.1.2.img built the 31/1/2023 which include an overlay meson-sm1-bananapim5-rtl8822cs.dtbo , I try this image modify the armbianEnv.txt and add "overlays=rtl8822cs"

add 88x2cs in /etc/modules. The overlay seems to load correctly at boot the module is loaded but no device in ifconfig and no trace in the linux syslog of any wifi driver config just BT config.

I reached my compentency limits to go further.

Gerard

thanks for your answer.

I download Armbian_23.02.1_Bananapim5_bullseye_current_6.1.11.img.xz, load it on the board, it boots fine (except ssh and errors with openBSD) but unfortunatly the  sdio rtl8822cs board is still not reconognized. there is no dtbo file  in boot/dtb/amlogic/overlay to describe the board.

regards

Gerard

thanks for your answer.

I download Armbian_23.02.1_Bananapim5_bullseye_current_6.1.11.img.xz, load it on the board, it boots fine (except ssh and errors with openBSD) but unfortunatly the  sdio rtl8822cs board is still not reconognized. there is no dtbo file  in boot/dtb/amlogic/overlay to describe the board.

regards

Gerard