Armbian with OrangePi plus 2E - no eMMC device

nobicycle

Hi All,

Armbian boots fine from SDcard but when I run nand-sata-install 

the script complains that it has no target. A #ls /dev/mmcblk* shows /dev/mmcblk0 and /dev/mmcblk0P1

When mounted, just to see, the  mmcblk0P1 partition contains the usual linux directories, so I suppose this partition is definitely the SDcard

No EMMC device is present.

Could this be due to me performing, yesterday a:

dd if=/mnt/ArchLinux_Minimal.img of=/dev/mmcblk1 bs=4M 

?

I did this because I read somewhere that booting up from SDCARD followed by a dd worked in some cases.

Note I originally wanted to run Arch, but since there is apparently no support at orangepi.org, after 1 week, I decided to switch to Armbian.

Does EMMC have some boot sector / partition table that I have overwritten?

Regards

I just got my 2E the other day - did nand-sata-install yesterday - and it worked flawlessly...

Maybe try doing a "factory" install of Android to the eMMC (no idea how you do that - I hate Android - only use it because I "have" to on my phone) - then boot Armbian off SD card, then try the nand-sata-install again?  My 2E came with Android on the eMMC (everything in Chinese)...

Personally - love how fast the 2E boots off eMMC...  Love Armbian too...  when I get more "financial" I'll chip in to the project...

Does EMMC have some boot sector / partition table that I have overwritten?

Our script should do everything, but if it does not, we need to figure out why ... In case your eMMC is not failed, it should work without a problem.

Boot from SD card and provide logs:

armbianmonitor -u