Which Armbian image works for Beelink GT1 Ultimate 3/32GB (S/N = G912) Amlogic S912 TV box ?

akas

Hi Guys,

I am looking for latest Armbian image which works for Beelink GT1 Ultimate 3/32GB  (S/N = G912) Amlogic S912 TV box.

My requirement is only wired network to be working and that Armbian image must have kernel headers.

The only old image that work is Armbian_5.37_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20171226.img but missing kernel headers & not able to find kernel headers that matches kernel in the image.

I tried Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0_desktop.img with 3 different dtb files as follows:

dtb file: /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxm-q200.dtb

dtb file: /dtb/amlogic/meson-gxm-gt1-ultimate.dtb

dtb file: /dtb/amlogic/beelink_gt1_g2.dtb

also configured extlinux.conf but it stuck on Beelink boot logo.

Could some one please guide which latest image works this Beelink GT1 Ultimate TV box?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by akas
added processor info

• akas changed the title to Which Armbian image works for Beelink GT1 Ultimate 3/32GB (S/N = G912) Amlogic S912 TV box ?

Thanks @SteeMan when following topic "Installation Instructions for TV Boxes with Amlogic CPUs" from the first link of your reply. Downloaded one of the latest image from archive and burn to SD card and found that image does not have FAT partition.

I need to mount that partition in order to change DTs and config .. etc.

The image i downloaded is Armbian_23.02.2_Aml-s9xx-box_bullseye_current_6.1.11_xfce_desktop.img.xz from Archive which does not have FAT partition

Edited by akas

Thanks @SteeMan i am using "Raspberry Pi Imager" which worked well. However, after some more troubleshooting and copying u-boot-s905x-s912 file to u-boot.ext, the box is now booting with Armbian_20.10_Arm-64_focal_current_5.9.0_desktop.img .

But again no network, and i noticed, its same issue with all other images i tried when using u-boot-s905x-s912

dmesg error:

ethernet eth0: no phy at addr -1

ethernet eth0: stmmac_open: Cannot attach to PHY (error: -19)

Followed  but no luck.

files on SD card looks like as per screenshot below on working old image (Armbian_5.37_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_mate_20171226.img) with network that does not have kernel headers, 

So i am not able to figured out which file is the u-boot, or which files i should replaced in new image (from working image) in order to boot with network interface?

image.png.394d074665377790224cd7357f700ec8.png

@andarezta unfortunately i could not fine how to build dbt in order to fix PHY (error: -19) reported above in your youtube channel.

I found a video "T96 Pro amlogic S912 armbian everything ON" in which you already have network enabled on T96 box in which you are creating remote shell. In my case, GT1 ultimate does not see network.

Could you please share steps how did you build DTB to fix "Cannot attach to PHY (error: -19)" ?