Partition not resizing

ytn

I recently created some new images using the most recent armbian scripts. For some reason my Jessie image is not coming up (see my other thread regarding network not coming up), but I did managed to get a wheezy image up and running on my BananaPi using latest / next.

The problem I am having is the partition size is extremely small (about 500-600MB) and does not appear to be resize to fully utilize the SD card. It's been a long while since I created an image, but I vaguely remember the image resizing to maximize the SD card space.

I basically had to manually resize the image by deleting and recreating the partition.

Is there some way to specify the image size to create or to force resizing on first boot?

Thanks.

Insert SD card into a slot and power the board. First boot takes around 3 minutes than 
it reboots and you will need to wait another one minute to login. This delay is 
because system updates package list and creates 128Mb emergency SWAP on the SD card. 

Did you wait long enough?

I haven't notice any problems regarding this script lately. I am using build script daily. Possible problems can be if your host computer is not Ubuntu Trusty 14.04 ... if you are using something else, there is no warranty.

Setting fixed size and not shrinking the image is a step back.

Try to run script firstrun manually and see what errors do you get.

There are differentiates between wheezy and jessie regarding firstrun. With Jessie you get a prompt and script runs further in the background where on Wheezy you need to wait until finish. 

For some reason the first run script didn't run. It went straight to a login prompt with no initial first run. There were a couple errors on startup. Looks like it didn't install all dependent packages e.g. toilet, lsusb and some others I can't remember. This was the second "clean" image I built i.e. I deleted everything and rebuilt from scratch (pulling all source again). Something might be broken in the sources.

I can try running it manually next time. I did fix the partition issue for now by deleting the partition and recreating it manually in fdisk and then running resize2fs.

Than the problem is elsewhere, things are missing so image is corrupted ... Sometimes the debootstrap process fails, rarely but it does. I don't check this but am thinking to add this check too. 

You need to remove cache that deboostrap process will run again.