Orange Pi PC DRAM: 0 MiB

giacomo892

My orange PI PC was working flawlessy but now it wont boot and via serial I can get this:

U-Boot SPL 2016.09-armbian (Oct 23 2016 - 17:08:22)
DRAM: 0 MiB
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

Then it stops there.

What can I do?

Could also be related to u-boot version and a very rarely occuring error (compare with result of a google search for '### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###' site:forum.armbian.com). In this case downgrading u-boot might help.

Could also be related to u-boot version and a very rarely occuring error (compare with result of a google search for '### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###' site:forum.armbian.com). In this case downgrading u-boot might help.

Do you mean trying an old armbian version?

Do you mean trying an old armbian version?

Either this or using an u-boot package suitable for your board prior to version 5.20: http://apt.armbian.com/pool/main/l/linux-u-boot-orangepipc-default/

But since your installation doesn't boot any more you would need to extract the .deb contents manually on another Linux or OS X host and then do a

dd if=/dev/zero of=$DEVICE bs=1k count=1023 seek=1 status=noxfer
dd if=u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin of=$DEVICE bs=1024 seek=8 status=noxfer

$DEVICE has then be the device node of the whole SD card (/dev/sdN in Linux or /dev/rdiskN in OS X -- triple check to get the correct device! 'cat /proc/partitions' or 'diskutil list' are the tools of choice)

Either this or using an u-boot package suitable for your board prior to version 5.20: http://apt.armbian.com/pool/main/l/linux-u-boot-orangepipc-default/

But since your installation doesn't boot any more you would need to extract the .deb contents manually on another Linux or OS X host and then do a

dd if=/dev/zero of=$DEVICE bs=1k count=1023 seek=1 status=noxfer
dd if=u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin of=$DEVICE bs=1024 seek=8 status=noxfer

$DEVICE has then be the device node of the whole SD card (/dev/sdN in Linux or /dev/rdiskN in OS X -- triple check to get the correct device! 'cat /proc/partitions' or 'diskutil list' are the tools of choice)

Thanks for your precise reply.

U-Boot SPL 2016.09-armbian (Oct 23 2016 - 17:08:22)

U-Boot SPL 2016.05-armbian (Jun 30 2016 - 22:54:34)

U-Boot SPL 2016.05-armbian (Jul 05 2016 - 17:48:28)

Tried three different u-boots without any clue :(

How can be possibile that both ram modules aren't seen?

OK. But all two ram modules fried at the same time ?

Maybe SPL gives up as soon as first module shows a problem? I don't think it will help but one of the u-boot guys provided here a small image that dumps DRAM stuff: http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/872-beelink-x2-with-armbian-possible/?p=16036

And then please follow Zador's suggestion to try out FEL boot.

Maybe SPL gives up as soon as first module shows a problem? I don't think it will help but one of the u-boot guys provided here a small image that dumps DRAM stuff: http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/872-beelink-x2-with-armbian-possible/?p=16036

And then please follow Zador's suggestion to try out FEL boot.

Thanks.

Will that image work with the orange pi?

I'll follow the advice of trying a fel boot as soon I get an idea on how to do it.

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

I had the same message on my Cubietruck. The board was in my desk for two years, it was a HW failure.

Some search on internet suggested a bad soldering under DRAM chip.

So with heating gun I heated up the DRAM chip for approx 5 minutes at 250 Celsius degrees and Cubietruck finally booted from SD Card with Cubietruck Armbian image 5.31.