Setting up a static IP address to use Pi Hole on a Libre Renegade

Elsen

Hey guys, brand new to linux so sorry for obvious/easy question being obvious/easy
I wanted to set up Pi Hole on my new Renegade, but I cannot figure out how to make/find a static ip address. I have found the IPv4 settings, tried to create an ip address in there, but I don't think it worked. Thanks for any help or advice you can give me, after I get the static IP address set hopefully I won't have any more problems setting  up Pi Hole. Thanks again!

The solution I've used on other systems, to continue picking up most of the configuration from DHCP but state which address I want, has been to add an "inform" clause to the dhcpcd configuration. I'm told this is currently preferred over using the "static" clause. I'm not clear on how it differs from "request", but it's doing what I need.

I still need to figure out how to get local dynamic DNS service running, but hosts files are doing the job for now.