How to upgrade armbian from 23.02.2 to 23.5?

6 minutes ago, toplinuxsir said:

reinstall

Depends. If you are impatient yes, you have to download new img and use this.

If you can wait a bit until our apt repositories are up to date then a common apt upgrade will do.

I see, I was also looking for this, wondering how come repos had 23.02 packages but there were 23.05 images for my board (NanoPi Neo3) up. In my case I will be looking at Bookworm based Armbian in another microSD to experiment, but keeping the one I have based on Jammy, there is no rush.

By the way, if I build an image right now using the build environment, Linux would be 6.1.31 (just a tad newer than the one available in the official image, .30), if one were to use home-built images of Armbian, the system would still be updated when newer versions are in the repos, right? (current, unmodified kernel, not building edge)

Building from sources is always a bit ahead of pre-compiled packages.

We do not push each minor kernel version to user since it always comes with the risk that something breaks.

In a nutshell what we have to do is to bring the firmware packages, which are installed on the 23.05 images, to the apt repo in a way the system detects it as new version and upgrades accordingly. Sure we did this in the past many years, but this is the first time we do it with the next generation build framework :)

Yes, I think it is better that way too, I read the announcement for 23.05 and for a fundamental change like that it doesn't hurt to be cautious.

Thanks for the explanation! I can't like more than one post a day for now, but I appreciate it!

4 minutes ago, KaoDome said:

I can't like more than one post a day for now

Interesting. Gonna look into that.

Edit: From what I can see you are allowed to like up to 10 posts per day.

Edit2: Ah you were just promoted from validating to member a few minutes ago. Therefor the limit mentioned above now counts.