Armbian for OrangePi PC2, AllWinner H5

Christos

8 minutes ago, hojnikb said:

Any chance frequency tables get bumped to 1.3Ghz, as it was before ? Mine only goes to 1.15G

As soon as anyone tests (on multiple devices, using cpuburn and xhpl) and publishes a new DVFS table I may add it to kernel sources. Until that you could write a DT overlay or patch the DT manually. I just copy-pasted a DVFS table from somewhere and I don't want to waste time tweaking it without a good reason.

Just now, Menion said:

Also in next (that I understand it is mainline)?

Yes

Just now, Menion said:

Because, AFAIK, this has been removed due to unstable DT bindings for all the board

But we (and Icenowy in her branch) reverted that removal.

"Unstable bindings" doesn't mean that something isn't working or is unstable, it just means that DT maintainers are not happy with the way DT represents the hardware.

Today the 7th iteration of the attempt to resolve this was posted: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/linux-sunxi/jxF_AIJP0VA

1 hour ago, zador.blood.stained said:

Which kernel version and branch?

cat /etc/armbian-release
# PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
BOARD=orangepizeroplus2-h5
BOARD_NAME="Orange Pi Zero Plus 2"
VERSION=5.33
LINUXFAMILY=sunxi64
BRANCH=next
ARCH=arm64
IMAGE_TYPE=user-built
BOARD_TYPE=conf
INITRD_ARCH=arm64
KERNEL_IMAGE_TYPE=Image

uname -r
4.13.8-sunxi64

Guys, thanks for update of image.

Verium miner

Before update:113 h/m

After update:141 h/m (not sure of exact number, but hash rate is raise is about  25%)

Throttle is working -  temp keeps about 66-68 degrees.

Output of armbianmonitor can be found here : http://znoxx.me/2017/10/20/na-frontie-orange-pi/

And yet another point. If one is using I2P on OpiPC2, probably, it will fail to run native big integer library, since it is not included in distribution.

I've build one - you can grab one here: https://static-bins.herokuapp.com/files/aarch64/libjbigi/libjbigi-linux-armv8-a.so.gz

Unpack the archive and copy .so file with name libjbigi.so to your I2P installation directory. After this restart I2P. Log should show, that Native Big Integer library is loaded from file.

I've build it as static for OrangePi PC2 , but it also should work on other H5 boards. However, I didn't have a chance to test it on other machines, even ones different from one where it was build. So if someone interested, welcome to try it.

On 3/27/2017 at 8:20 PM, zador.blood.stained said:

I wonder how many times the wheel can be reinvented... :P

root@orangepiplus2e:~# fdtget /boot/dtb/sun8i-h3-orangepi-one.dtb /cpus/cpu@0 operating-points
1008000 1300000 816000 1100000 624000 1100000 480000 1100000 312000 1100000 240000 1100000 120000 1100000
root@orangepiplus2e:~# fdtput /boot/dtb/sun8i-h3-orangepi-one.dtb /cpus/cpu@0 operating-points 1008000 1300000 816000 1300000 624000 1100000 480000 1100000 312000 1100000 240000 1100000 120000 1100000
root@orangepiplus2e:~# fdtget /boot/dtb/sun8i-h3-orangepi-one.dtb /cpus/cpu@0 operating-points
1008000 1300000 816000 1300000 624000 1100000 480000 1100000 312000 1100000 240000 1100000 120000 1100000
root@orangepiplus2e:~#

im trying to add 1.3GHz operating point to the newest PC2 image using these commands but im getting this error 

root@orangepipc2:/boot/dtb/allwinner# fdtget /boot/dtb/allwinner/sun50i-h5-orangepi-pc2.dtb /cpus/cpu@0 operating-points
Error at 'operating-points': FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND

1 hour ago, Menion said:

Is it possible to change on the fly the MUSB from OTG<->HOST without having to do so in the dts?

If it is in OTG mode (dr_mode = "otg") (and you loaded at least one gadget module) it will already switch from device to host mode on the fly by reading the OTG  ID pin. Alternatively it may be possible to load overlays via configfs to change the dr_mode property, but it wasn't tested so I'm not sure that the driver will respect those changes.

With original dtb, dr_mode='otg' I plugged an USB key but it doesn't get recognized. I changed the dr_mode='host', rebooted with the new dtb and then it worked fine. USB key is connected with a micro USB to USB A female cable, also named OTG cable, can this be the problem? 

Just now, Menion said:

Ahhhhh ok ;) Next time I will recompile the kernel I will enable one then

They are already enabled in our kernel config.

Alternatively you could add a DT overlay to change dr_mode to "host" - then it should work without loading extra modules but without a possibility to switch to the peripheral mode on the fly.

Hello,

I noticed that there isnt any support for the Orange Pi Zero Plus (H5) and would ask if there is a reason for it. They are more of an original Orange Pi Zero with an H5 from an hardware perspective and dont come with onboard flash.

Have a good Day

Matthias

Edited by Nowak Matthias

1 hour ago, _vn said:

Someone who tried this unstable version on a pi prime can share the faced issues?

Basic hardware features are operational - but all mainline kernels for H3/H5/A64 boards remain labeled testing (also after next major release) since things are not well tested, not fine-tuned (thermal protection) and there is nothing we can do to speed up. In the testing period we don't make all possible images, so you have to make your own (Debian Stretch) image or wait ...