bananian restore over armbian

Echo

Hi,

my new Orange Pi has been set up with an external HDD. I've backed up my banana pi m1 with 

sudo tar cvpzf /mnt/BackupNas/backup.tgz --exclude=/proc --exclude=/lost+found --exclude=/mnt --exclude=/sys --exclude=/dev --exclude=/boot /

and restored the files onto the external HDD on the OPI. A restart was successfully and the system appears to run smoothly.

It now doesn't display the nice text after logging in via SSH. I am afraid that there are other important files overwritten. Does anybody know what I might have overwritten and needs to be restored from plain armbian?

Thanks

René

In my folder /etc/apt/sources.list.d there are files for bananian and armbian. I suppose I can delete the bananian file/entries.

But the script upgrade.sh, in the lib folder on Github, does remove the file. Should I call that script?

In my folder /etc/apt/sources.list.d there are files for bananian and armbian. I suppose I can delete the bananian file/entries.

But the script upgrade.sh, in the lib folder on Github, does remove the file. Should I call that script?

I wouldn't use the upgrade.sh script since it's even more outdated than Bananian today. Better check what the script tries to do and try to resolve issues manually (and yes, bananian apt source had to be removed). Anyway I would've done it differently, starting with a fresh Armbian image, only copying my $HOME from Bananian and adjust everything else manually or not at all.

I wouldn't use the upgrade.sh script since it's even more outdated than Bananian today. Better check what the script tries to do and try to resolve issues manually (and yes, bananian apt source had to be removed). Anyway I would've done it differently, starting with a fresh Armbian image, only copying my $HOME from Bananian and adjust everything else manually or not at all.

Thanks for the response. Since Linux is not my daily work, I wanted to go "the easy way". I thought I could just restore bananian to the OPI, but that didn't work. Maybe I should do a clean install, and copy over everything I need. There is a lot of software on the system, as it acts as home automation server, power meter reader...

Anyway, I guess reinstalling and manually settings everything up again will be the better way.