SOC comparison

ctigs

I've seen TKaiser make reference to different SOC's as good, bad, etc. and was wondering if there is any info available on the forum about the different SOC's.  The good, the bad, the ugly, etc. would be really good.  I've gotten several boards, but later I found the armbian site, and the forum where I've seen bad comments about different SOC's.

I might be looking for a new board to play with in the future, and knowing which SOC is good, or bad would be really nice to know before starting the research on the next pi like device.

There was an idea to add a level of support as one of a board general characteristic. This is more relevant and less demanding than maintaining bugs per boards, which are now written in documentation and / or scattered around forum. Good / bad support can also means, that we don't know much about board. It could be good in theory, but basic vendor support, Linux, number of users, etc. simply sucks ... but this can also be changed over time.

ijSS5.png

Low  --------------------------------------- SUPPORT LEVEL ---------------------------------------- Superb

But there is a problem - we are a small team of amateurs, already fully overloaded and adding more load without expanding the crew is not an option. Somebody(s) needs to maintain this feature on a long run and some code / plugin needs to be made and added to the blog.

That link was helpful.  Thank you.

There are things that it doesn't cover, like PMIC and overheating for example.

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not asking anyone to work on documenting, or do anything more than they already do.

I VERY MUCH appreciate all you guys do, and think that even though you call yourselves amateurs I don't think so.  You seem much more professional to me than a lot of the "support groups" for most board makers.

I hope to make a donation soon, but I can't afford much at all.

what you're doing here is awesome, keep up the good work, you're doing the SBC community a huge service.