hwclock and RTC

Ashtonites

I have an OPi PC+ running Armbian.

Bought an RTC called "DS3231 for Pi" and connected the 3.3V, ground, SDA and SCL pins to the GPIO connector.

Ran "sudo i2cdetect -y 0" and it prints a table with "UU" in position 0x68.

Ran "hwclock -w -f /dev/rtc1" and the response was "bash: hwclock: command not found"

I looked in a subdirectory of /etc/ and found fake_hwclock and hwclock.sh

Can anyone tell me what is wrong? Perhaps I should have modified something else before running hwclock?

Thanks...

I've tried your suggestion... you are absolutely correct and it works! Thanks so much. Time is correct after powering off/on with the Ethernet cable unplugged. It seems to me that the OrangePi builders should incorporate a RTC that works into their hardware so Linux illiterates such as I don't have to deal with this. To me, Linux and OPi are only tools to run applications, just as an airplane gets me to a destination. No pilot has ever quizzed me on The Theory of Flight before allowing me to buckle up. But OPi is not quite ready for the masses, I guess.

BTW, just in case no one has stored this info to the forum, on my OPi PC+ system, the quiescent 5V current (just Armbian running, no user jobs) is 0.40A; when Armbian is booting up it is at least double that. After having problems with a 5V wall wart power supply months ago, I now run my system from a 12V 1A wall wart, then use a 5A switching regulator to power the OPi PC+ on 5V.... it works flawlessly. The only fly in the ointment is the operator... I guess that I will have to learn Linux someday... regretfully.