Forum Organization and Navigation?

StuxNet

First and foremost, I appreciate everything I've seen come from Armbian, back from when it was being "hosted on an OrangePi" to update after update of newly released boards to expanding to include this Forum. Thanks, Igor and other contributors. What you're doing is awesome.

Anyways, I'm starting to find the Forum to be kind of hard to navigate, threads are pretty jumbled and topics kind of globbed together. I was just wondering why that is, if there's plans to smooth out those edges, etc..? Or is it just me? Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have a medium to go to than nothing at all. Just looking for a little insight into the plans for the look and functionality of this place.

Personally, from the get-go I loved the Armbian.com website interface. Straight to the point, you see it and instantly know what you're looking at. Boom, you're downloading. I would love to see this simple feature implemented on the forum. Maybe not directly on the forum interface, but for instance, when I click on the image for a SBC, in the menu bar of the website there is a link to jump to the forum.

stuffz.png

Instead of just linking to the forum's homepage, I think it would be useful to have it link to the specific thread for that board. Of course this implies that each board would have to have it's own submenu underneath existing menu's for their chipsets. Which is where things get kind of garbled for me. Maybe I'm the weird one here, perhaps it isn't feasible however I think it would make for a nice layout.

Forum Homepage > Links To Various Topics > Debian/Ubuntu > Chipsets > Specific Boards > Topics/Troubleshooting related to specific boards?

tl;dr: It would be awesome if these were actual hyperlinks to their corresponding topic/threads.

linkme.png

About armbian.com/download/:

pages for some boards have links to forum thread/section, i.e. https://www.armbian.com/pine64/

I guess these links will be added eventually for boards that have separate discussion thread or forum section

About chipsets and board threads:

• not all boards have separate discussion threads
  • dumping any board related question into one thread will create an unreadable mess, and some people will still create new topics even if you put large red blinking text telling them not to do that.
  • and most boards on same SoC or SoC family will share the same SoC specific problems, so splitting forum per SoC and per board is not needed to IMO