Armbian for Amlogic S805 and S802/S812

masteripper

Updated images Armbian 20170531. 

Changes to scripts activate the multi-boot and run system from external media. In the new version of the scripts allow to start the system from any USB socket (if the is connected other USB media). Back support "nodm", now in the images is used in common with the main branch Armbian authorization system. If you want you can install the package "lightdm" in version Mate-that-be to have a graphical authentication when you log into the system (just don't forget together with the installation of lightdm, remove the nodm package, otherwise they will interfere with each other). Other changes see the description of changes to main branch Armbian (replacement browser on Chromium, etc.).

New scripts activate the multi-boot and system start-up can be found here. You can download them and use for old images. To reactivate the multi-boot again.

https://yadi.sk/d/cEPIULGW3Jgpee

https://yadi.sk/d/QCGU0PIv3G5kEa

New script to activate the multi-boot on the Minix models H8x and H8x plus.

https://yadi.sk/d/BU_pyfHW3JgpEP

10 hours ago, wzor said:

Will it be Debian? The problem of module loading.

I can get the Debian images for s812. But I don't know if this is in demand. Debian has problems with the multimedia support (video playback).

Which modules are not loaded ?

11 hours ago, RaptorSDS said:

should i install the new launcher script , when my system now start sd and usb ?  or is there more new that i need for stable booting?

1. If you have all the normal start and there is no need to connect more than one USB storage device, then update the multiboot not required. A new version of multi-boot is needed for those who use simultaneous connection of several USB to TV box. With the old multiboot it was necessary to connect the system USB drive strictly to the first connector (which is defined by system as USB 0). With the new multi-boot option you can connect USB drives in any order (in any USB port).

2. New scripts autostart system from external media (s805_autoscript) are compatible with both-boot options.

What's the problem, write concretely. I understand that it is independent building the kernel ? Turn off all the WiFi modules from startup, maybe the system is waiting for answer from them.

Hi to everyone,

I have a tvbox beelink S82 con chip S802 with 2Gb/16gb rom android 4.4.2, I have tried all dtb files but I see only google tv logo and after black screen, I have waited loading more of 10 minutes for all dtb but nothing :( someone can help me? thanks!

Best Regards

2 hours ago, freestart said:

I have a tvbox beelink S82 con chip S802 with 2Gb/16gb rom android 4.4.2, I have tried all dtb files but I see only google tv logo and after black screen, I have waited loading more of 10 minutes for all dtb but nothing :( someone can help me? thanks!

What version image are you trying to run ?

You can connect the console UART ? You have the opportunity to run Lebreelec from external media ?

7 hours ago, balbes150 said:

What version image are you trying to run ?

You can connect the console UART ? You have the opportunity to run Lebreelec from external media ?

Hi,

thanks for answer, I am using the image version "Armbian_5.27_S812_Ubuntu_xenial_3.10.99_server_20170531.img"

sorry I can't connect the console UART, I have found on internet one version Lebreelec for my device but I must try it yet, I must?

I have found these Lebreelec for my device:

http://download.drieschel.de/LibreElec/S82/

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545567730

I have found this too for Tronsmart Vega S89 (clone S82):

http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/05/12/how-to-extract-a-device-tree-file-from-android-firmware-files/

dts script of Tronsmart Vega S89:

https://pastebin.com/zqh1vfHR

3 hours ago, RaptorSDS said:

do you have flash the autoscript.zip in android to update the bootmanager ? ( is the google tv logo part of android ?)

yes; yes

Look the my attached, I have this screen with half screen with "Google TV" logo

IMG_20170610_205636.jpg

you have use the server rom , that is why dont have a HDMI support and you have to use SSH ( Network LAN ) to remote login ,  please use the first run script on the boot partition( normally when you have a fresh flash of the sd card )

maybe you can use the  xenial_3.10.99_mate rom to test the dtb .

armbian_first_run.txt

17 minutes ago, RaptorSDS said:

you have use the server rom , that is why dont have a HDMI support and you have to use SSH ( Network LAN ) to remote login ,  please use the first run script on the boot partition( normally when you have a fresh flash of the sd card )

armbian_first_run.txt

thanks, I will try with xenil mate rom and armbian_first_run.txt and make you know

51 minutes ago, RaptorSDS said:

armbian_first_run.txt

I have tried but nothing, same problem :(

in my root microSD have these files:

screenshot.jpg

but s805_autoscript.cmd I must to run it?

3 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Multiboot you have already activated, so you can try to start system from USB (to capture the image on the USB flash drive and try all the dtb files).

I already tried with usb and with some dtb but same problem, I will try again

23 minutes ago, freestart said:

I have bought uart interface, I am waiting that it arrive; it can help me?

yes it can , but that is only the half way , you have to connect (soldering) the interface with your box ( that means open it search the board for soldering pads of the uart , soldering wire and connect to pc) 

my log is the uart log from my box ( akaso m8s clone box)  , uart kabel to usb and putty on my windows maschine

10 hours ago, RaptorSDS said:

yes it can , but that is only the half way , you have to connect (soldering) the interface with your box ( that means open it search the board for soldering pads of the uart , soldering wire and connect to pc) 

my log is the uart log from my box ( akaso m8s clone box)  , uart kabel to usb and putty on my windows maschine

I understand, I have good experience with soldering and pc connection with interface