Armbian for Amlogic S805 and S802/S812

masteripper

bootcmd=run storeboot

Judging by the output of printenv is not the activation of multi-boot. You can try to set the desired parameters using fw_setenv (the options you want to burn, you can see in the file aml_autoscript).

On 15.10.2017 at 2:03 AM, Bobek said:

Where and how should i try to set "fw_setenv" ?

Try to run

fw_setenv start_mmc_autoscript 'if fatload mmc 0 11000000 s805_autoscript; then autoscr 11000000; fi;'

Reboot the TV box and show the output of fw_printenv. If all goes correctly, the output of fw_printenv should be a new variable  "start_mmc_autoscript" .

About the problems in the belink tvbox s82 soc 802 2gb ram I think it would only delete the file armbian_first_run.txt file to fix it, I have a tvbox mbox s82 soc s802 2gb ram and experience the same problems as those described in this forum for the belink s82 soc 802 and could not install armbiam. But I finally got it.

The steps followed were:

1.       Download the file Armbian_5.32_S812_DEBIAN_jessie_3.10.99_server_20170924.img.xz of the link https://yadi.sk/d/wc2jqGsHuKy48/Armbian

2.        I unzipped the file with xz # xz --decompress  Armbian_5.32_S812_Debian_jessie_3.10.99_server_20170924.img.xz

3.       Record Armbian_5.32_S812_DEBIAN_jessie_3.10.99_server_20170924.img with etcher in a microSD card class 4

4.       Rename the file meson8_k200b_2G_emmc_sdhc.dtb file within the folder dtb as dtb.img and place it in the root of the microSD card.

5.       Install the autoscript_aml file pushing with a toothpick inside the headphones jack simultaneously with the power button until the logo of the Tvbox and then release.

6.       At the start of the boot screen is pixelated and colored after a couple of minutes the screen turns black and  nothing happens wait for fifteen minutes then I turned off the Tvbox.

7.       I extracted the microSD card from the tv box and rename the file armbian_first_run.txt to armbian_first_run.txt.bk also rename the files aml_autoscript and aml_autoscript.zip to aml_autoscript.bk and aml_autoscript.zip.bk

8.       Place  the microSD card but now  in microSD to usb adapter and plug it into a USB  port of the Tvbox and start it, this time the system started with the screen pixilated and colored  between 2 and 3 minutes after appears a black screen for a couple of minutes and finally appears the Linux boot lines and linux comand promt, I signed me  as root pass 1234  finally asks me the password change and the system is functioning normally then. 

To be sure I repeated the process  but this time in a flash usb   2.0 ( flash usb 3.0 does not work in my tvbox also do not work with libreelect or lakka ) but with the new installation, just delete the file armbian_first_run.txt file and rename the files  aml_autoscript and aml_autoscript.zip how aml_autoscript.bk and aml_autoscript.zip.bk the system works  without any problem since the first time, I already have internet via ethernet wifi doesn't work also install openbox with what I have a modest graphical interface and install Firefox, some pages have audio problems but youtube works well.

Note: I can't install the system into a micro SD plugged in the micro SD port of the Tv Box its not work me.

* unplug all other  USB devices: keyboards, mouses,etc to do the steps above.

Image update Armbian S812_3.10.107_20171124.

Fixed bug with start Armbian from SD cards (check run with all the dtb files in them is different).

You can use 720p and 1080p (via the file "/boot/hdmi.sh").

Updated packages to current versions.

A new version of the image with IceWM DE. 20171215

Features of this image. This is the minimum graphic system in which there are only a few programs - browser, Synaptic, and a few GUI tools for management. This way you can use to create your own system, with its own set of programs and settings (you can add your favorite graphic DE). After you create your system, you can distribute it as an image for cloning to other TV boxes.

Hi balbes. Do you think is possible to enable ACLs on the kernel of s812? I'm needing it for using with BTRFS
As informed on https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Manpage/btrfs(5)

Thank you so much

This section describes mount options specific to BTRFS. For the generic mount options please refer to mount(8) manpage. The options are sorted alphabetically (discarding the no prefix).

acl noacl 

(default: on)

Enable/disable support for Posix Access Control Lists (ACLs). See the acl(5) manual page for more information about ACLs.

The support for ACL is build-time configurable (BTRFS_FS_POSIX_ACL) and mount fails if acl is requested but the feature is not compiled in.

Just now, rodrigocoelho said:

Hi balbes. Do you think is possible to enable ACLs on the kernel of s812? I'm needing it for using with BTRFS
As informed on https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Manpage/btrfs(5)

Thank you so much

This section describes mount options specific to BTRFS. For the generic mount options please refer to mount(8) manpage. The options are sorted alphabetically (discarding the no prefix).

acl noacl 

(default: on)

Enable/disable support for Posix Access Control Lists (ACLs). See the acl(5) manual page for more information about ACLs.

The support for ACL is build-time configurable (BTRFS_FS_POSIX_ACL) and mount fails if acl is requested but the feature is not compiled in.

CONFIG_EXT3_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
CONFIG_EXT4_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
# CONFIG_JFS_POSIX_ACL is not set
# CONFIG_XFS_POSIX_ACL is not set
# CONFIG_BTRFS_FS_POSIX_ACL is not set

11 hours ago, rodrigocoelho said:

CONFIG_EXT3_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
CONFIG_EXT4_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
# CONFIG_JFS_POSIX_ACL is not set
# CONFIG_XFS_POSIX_ACL is not set
# CONFIG_BTRFS_FS_POSIX_ACL is not set

I recompiled the kernel, using your GIT repository source from 4.12. It is working, but only found 1 CPU. What did I miss?? 

Thanks

On 07/02/2017 at 6:17 PM, 4timepi said:

E: footer is wrong
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

Tried to boot using SD.

Hi,

When trying to activate multiboot I received this message.

I've done the process with other S802+2gb tvbox (U box ione) and its works.

My box is a M8, ATV390 Enjoy TV.

S802+1Gb+bt+wi-fi 6330

Thanks in advance

IMG_20180104_200709.jpg

Hi @balbes150 Thank you for the great work you are doing. I could not make my device work with any of the dtb provided in the dtb directory. Interestingly my system booted without any dtb file. Both Debian stretch server and Ubuntu Xenial (Mate desktop) works without any dtb file. However, without dtb file it only shows 815MB ram (no wifi, no bluetooth). And provided sample video file plays slowly when full screen turned on.

IMG_20180106_172032.jpg

IMG_20180106_172239.jpg

My Device: OTT M8S (Amlogic s812), 2GB RAM, 8GB ROM, BCM 4335 wifi.

The version in the PCB written as: M8 V8_9 (20151031)

Here are the UART output:

original_android_fw_boot.txt 

without_dtb_ubuntu_mate.txt

With DTB file: 

meson8m2_n200C_1G.txt

meson8m2_n200C_2G.txt

meson8m2_n200C_2G_LAN100.1.txt

meson8m2_n200_2G.txt

How can I

1. activate 2 GB Ram
  2. enable Wifi (bluetooth not important)
  3. Improve HDMI performance (not important but highly interested :) )

Thanks in advance :)

On 05.01.2018 at 5:09 AM, Gossamer said:

When trying to activate multiboot I received this message.

I've done the process with other S802+2gb tvbox (U box ione) and its works.

Do I understand correctly that you are using the same SD card to activate the multi-boot on all TV boxes ? On some TV boxes activation takes place this SD card, and one model does not work (error message with a photo) ?

3 hours ago, Saidul Islam said:

activate 2 GB Ram

Judging by the logs, you have a model n200C . So you need to pick up the dtb from this group. When you start with dtb n200C_1GB system starts but a lot of mistakes from the media. Multiboot you have already activated, so try to use a USB flash drive to capture the image and add dtb n200C_1GB. I have my doubts that your model has real 2GB of RAM, it is desirable to open the case and get the brand of memory chips.

Perhaps the manufacturer specially recorded in the built-in dtb is not correct RAM, the kernel in Armbian itself checks for physical memory access and sets the real value (which it itself received under test).

Thanks for your response balbes150.

I burned the first SD and usesd it to activate multiboot, it did not work.

I took the same SD card, used aml_autoscript.zip and started debian with xfce.(other box)

I burned other Sd with Ubuntu mate but I'm still not able to activate multiboot with aml_auroscript.zip (results in the image). 

Do you have any idea that I could do to make ir work?

Thanks in advance

Hello. I have a TV-Box MXIII (amlogic s812). I installed Armbian_5.37_S812_Ubuntu_xenial_3.10.108_mate_20180112.img. The installation has been complete correctly and i can get into the system from SSH. The problem is with the usb ports. This device have two usb ports 2.0 and one OTG but they don't run. When i restart the device the usb port run for a segs ( i know it because the usb led turn on for a segs) but when the system is started i can't use the usb ports. Seems like haven't power or something.

If i do lsubs y get this:

root@vegas812:~# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

some idea ?

hello

many talk about dtb , I do not understand where to put it and how

i've put " Armbian_5.37_S812_Debian_stretch_3.10.108_xfce_20180112.img " for my box M8S S812

it's good , but no wifi (AP6330)

i think that dtb is no good !!!

how to do ??

Thank

sorry for my english , i use google translat

Hello !
I have a m8s OTT 2gb of ram and 8gp of rom and wifi module ap6330
Board : M8 V8_1 20150418 

I'm stock at this step :
6. Select local update and an archive on removable media (aml_update.zip)

The update application see nothing.
and in the directory app of the box still in android the external sd card is the linux partition  not the fat32 partition
I don' know what I supposed to do. Help!

7 hours ago, windumasta said:

I have a m8s OTT 2gb of ram and 8gp of rom and wifi module ap6330
Board : M8 V8_1 20150418 

I'm stock at this step :

and in the directory app of the box still in android the external sd card is the linux partition  not the fat32 partition

When you connect SD card to PC, what files do you see ? Show the list of files that are on the SD card after recording the Armbian image.

7 hours ago, windumasta said:

I'm stock at this step :

on my Sunvell T95K Pro the SD/USB wasnt recognized when inserted before booting.
The update-app did found the .zip when I inserted SD/USB after the boot completed. Then you could try to update.

3 hours ago, balbes150 said:

When you connect SD card to PC, what files do you see ? Show the list of files that are on the SD card after recording the Armbian image.

I see the fat partition with dbt folder autoscript aml ....

2 hours ago, guidol said:

on my Sunvell T95K Pro the SD/USB wasnt recognized when inserted before booting.
The update-app did found the .zip when I inserted SD/USB after the boot completed. Then you could try to update.

If I plug the sd card befor booting the m8s not boot at all. I have a screen with ahlf multicolor pixel and mus logo 

thanks for your help.

Maybe I have a issue with the android system itself ?

3 hours ago, windumasta said:

I see the fat partition with dbt folder autoscript aml ....
thanks for your help.

for a S812 CPU  you need the follwoing 2 files at the root of the card

- aml_autoscript

- aml_autoscript.zip

from https://yadi.sk/d/m6P1mLUbuHcHG/update_u-boot/v05

see also the wiki (use google translate in Chrome?):

https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic_s905/wiki