Armbian for Amlogic S805 and S802/S812

masteripper

15 minutes ago, botik60 said:

Hi, I'm trying to install Ambian for my S82? but device not work. I connected UART and has provided log.  Please, help me!!!!

You have not added the "dtb.img" file to the /boot partition for your model.

reading dtb.img

** Unable to read "dtb.img" from usb 0:1 **

On 11/10/2018 at 8:55 PM, botik60 said:

I boot device,  I bought a new sdcard and took this dtb file.

dtb.img

Hello i own an old mxii 2gb tv box (i think is k200) and i was looking for ages to find a working dtb.img. I tried all of them from many armbian images and nothing worked. But this worked like a charm. How do you find it? From which one armbian image? The only problem i have now is that all armbian i tried does not recognise wifi neither internal nor usb external

18 hours ago, balbes150 said:

ver 5.67 20181118

Hello i used the ver 5.67 with the same dtb.img that is working with all previous version but it does not boot. The screen flashes like usual but the TVbox android logo becomes huge and stuck there. I cannot provide any log because i do not have any uart hardhare.

37 minutes ago, Newcomer said:

Hello i used the ver 5.67 with the same dtb.img that is working with all previous version but it does not boot. The screen flashes like usual but the TVbox android logo becomes huge and stuck there. I cannot provide any log because i do not have any uart hardhare.

In new versions, the algorithm for specifying the required DTB has changed.

Now, all the images for the s9xxx and s8xx will use a unified mechanism for specifying a DTB. You need to change the first line in the file " uEnv.ini", specifying the name of the dtb file. If you need to use your file (which is not part of the image), you need to copy it to the media and edit the "uEnv.ini", specifying the full path and file name where you copied it.

Pay attention.

Now all test images with the 4.1 x kernel will be placed in the same directory where the images with the current version are located, subdirectory (5.67/image_date/NEXT_4.(xx). For example, these images are now in 5/57/20181118/NEXT_4.20)

Sorry to ask again but i have one more problem. After changing login and password codes instead of booting into grafical desktop it stays in terminal. I tried to use startx command but it does not work. Any idea of how i can boot? Thanks

46 minutes ago, Newcomer said:

Sorry to ask again but i have one more problem. After changing login and password codes instead of booting into grafical desktop it stays in terminal. I tried to use startx command but it does not work. Any idea of how i can boot? Thanks

Use quality media. Most of these problems are usually associated with poor media. Use USB media, they are slower but much more stable.

Nope. USB media does not work on my s802 mxiii tv box. I am using the updating Aml_autoscript trick on tv box update menu. After that it reboots and after logo screen load the recovery menu and then it shows the known signature verification erro and installation aborting messages. I believe only sd cards work for me. I have to stay in the previous versions i guess

16 hours ago, Newcomer said:

Nope. USB media does not work on my s802 mxiii tv box. I am using the updating Aml_autoscript trick on tv box update menu. After that it reboots and after logo screen load the recovery menu and then it shows the known signature verification erro and installation aborting messages. I believe only sd cards work for me. I have to stay in the previous versions i guess 

Activation multi-boot (run the script aml_autoscript from SD card) is done only once. After that, you no longer need to use aml_autoscript until a new universal multi-boot option is available. This means you need to burn the last image to the SD card, activate the multi-boot from the SD card once. After that, write the images to the USB drive and start the system from USB. You no longer need to run the aml_autoscript script to USB.

Hello. I recently've got installed the last version for Amlogic 812(MXIII-G). This rom works ok and the only thing what i want is install the OS over the emmc. I did try it the armbian-config setup but i haven't the option in the system menu to install it. Some idea ?

Hi together,

i've tested the many images from 5.44 to 5.67 version 3 and 4 and all images are booting and working fine.

with my box m82g i can use hdmi with 720p  but when i switch to 1080p i got an blank screen.

is there a possibility to switch to 1080p? idea?

Hi balbes I have an s802 box mxiii 1gb, i only managed to boot arbian with legacy kernel using this dtb 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oYfXV8ZbknCiTrCXLzD78zq4o7xJVjTl/view?usp=sharing (dtbs included in image fail). 

However i cannot boot mainline kernel with this dtb.. I tried the dtbs included in mainiline and mxiiiplus dtb boots, however that is meant for s812 boards and i cannot get ethernet to work! i tried the only m8 dtb included in image (the minix one) but that fails to boot.

how can i update the linked dtb to work with mainline kernel?