Armbian for Amlogic S805 and S802/S812

masteripper

18 hours ago, RaptorSDS said:

with the 4.12 server image (without NEXT) i could "ifup Wlan0 " and box successful start dhcp

The version of the image NEXT assembled with the use of a common GIT next. Therefore, it is not those patches to be included in the second image (the patches Martin).

20 hours ago, freestart said:

I already tried with usb and with some dtb but same problem, I will try again

Without the console UART is not possible to understand, what a mistake.

13 hours ago, balbes150 said:

The version of the image NEXT assembled with the use of a common GIT next. Therefore, it is not those patches to be included in the second image (the patches Martin).

ok I will try when arrive the uart interface

On 12/6/2017 at 10:02 AM, balbes150 said:

but with UART Interface can I create dtb file for my device?

7 hours ago, freestart said:

but with UART Interface can I create dtb file for my device?

UART is needed to monitor the system boot process from the beginning (from start of u-boot). It shows everything that happens in the system.

On 14/6/2017 at 7:47 AM, balbes150 said:

UART is needed to monitor the system boot process from the beginning (from start of u-boot). It shows everything that happens in the system.

ok I understand, thanks! it is not arrived yet, I am waiting :)

I'm using your last mate version on my m8s, but I have to use the m8s plus dtb to see it booting. Wifi is not working, but luckly, for my current needs, it's not a big problem.

The real issue I have foud is that when i try to change the ip to static, amending /etc/network/interfaces, on reboot I've no internet. For now, I solved with a walkaround, editing /etc/rc.local and adding these lines:

ifdown eth0

sleep 1

ifup eth0

My idea would be to install your build on the nand to use the box as download server, but I've a couple of questions:

- is it possible to install on s812 nand?

- when you'll push a new release, how will be possible to upgrade keeping the configuration?

On ‎22‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 4:29 PM, bnj86 said:

I'm using your last mate version on my m8s, but I have to use the m8s plus dtb to see it booting. Wifi is not working, but luckly, for my current needs, it's not a big problem.

The real issue I have foud is that when i try to change the ip to static, amending /etc/network/interfaces, on reboot I've no internet. For now, I solved with a walkaround, editing /etc/rc.local and adding these lines:

ifdown eth0

sleep 1

ifup eth0

My idea would be to install your build on the nand to use the box as download server, but I've a couple of questions:

- when you'll push a new release, how will be possible to upgrade keeping the configuration?

hello and welcome

wich wifi chip do you have ?

The Lastest Mate Version (4.12 Kernel ) is still a Beta and missing many Features , also there are some Problems with Loading some Modules . i got load the Driver for my RTL8723 but WPA2 and DHCP dont work either ( Problems with Network Time Protocol).

maybe more stable is the 3.10.99 Kernel , my box running now 3 months as Print and Scan Server over WIFI without any Problems.

6 hours ago, RaptorSDS said:

hello and welcome

wich wifi chip do you have ?

The Lastest Mate Version (4.12 Kernel ) is still a Beta and missing many Features , also there are some Problems with Loading some Modules . i got load the Driver for my RTL8723 but WPA2 and DHCP dont work either ( Problems with Network Time Protocol).

maybe more stable is the 3.10.99 Kernel , my box running now 3 months as Print and Scan Server over WIFI without any Problems.

My M8S has the ap6330, and also the M8S+ has the same, so the dtb should be totally compatible.... it's the only one that boot my system. I'm using the 3.10.99 kernel version, because 4.12 seems to have only server test version .

I've installed and configured samba, minidlna, rtorrent+rutorrent, tranmission, jackett, sonarr, pyload, etc and everything seems working fine. Therefore, for now, I'm satisfed.

Anyway, when I'll have a little of time, I'll try to install the 4.12 server test version on another SD to see how it works.

Hi guys,

I've M8S+ Amlogic S812 and I want to install Linux on it but unfortunately I haven't much experience in this field (although I'm a Linux user and developer) so may you please tell me can I install Armbian into my TV Box?

P.S. I'm very sorry but I got confused of your log discussion about testing.

IMPORTANT: I successfully installed OpenELEC 6.0 (OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-6.0.0) but unfortunately it didn't run the wireless and the sound too :(

On 22.07.2017 at 5:29 PM, bnj86 said:

1. The system can be installed in NAND, but still need to perform several manual operations and to be ready to restore if the installation process goes wrong.

2. In the next month I plan to collect a new image.

On 29.07.2017 at 3:35 PM, mbnoimi said:

I've M8S+ Amlogic S812 and I want to install Linux on it but unfortunately I haven't much experience in this field (although I'm a Linux user and developer) so may you please tell me can I install Armbian into my TV Box?

P.S. I'm very sorry but I got confused of your log discussion about testing.

IMPORTANT: I successfully installed OpenELEC 6.0 (OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-6.0.0) but unfortunately it didn't run the wireless and the sound too

Activate the multi-boot and you will be able to run external drives any system (Armbian , LE etc). The contents of NAND will remain unchanged.

A new version of the images Armbian 20170805. They include experimental support for installing to the internal memory. While this is only tested on one model with eMMC (Tronsmart MXIII Plus). Note that installing to the internal memory can turn TV box into a brick and will need to be restored.

To install you need to run as root script "/root/install.sh". We strongly recommend to run the installation script to perform a full backup using the utilities ddbr (ddbr_nand_*).

On 5/8/2017 at 7:53 PM, balbes150 said:

A new version of the images Armbian 20170805. They include experimental support for installing to the internal memory. While this is only tested on one model with eMMC (Tronsmart MXIII Plus). Note that installing to the internal memory can turn TV box into a brick and will need to be restored.

To install you need to run as root script "/root/install.sh". We strongly recommend to run the installation script to perform a full backup using the utilities ddbr (ddbr_nand_*).

Thank you for the update, I should try it in these days.

My intention would be to install into the internal memory because my M8S has standard SD slot so the card protudres a lot, with the risk to break it.

But I have a couple of questions:

1. if I install into the nand how I'll be able to update to future releases without losing all my configuration?

2. in case of brick, to restore, can I use indifferently ddbr or the amlogic burning tool?

1. There are two kinds of updates - a standard (which can be installed by conventional means) and not standard (which are formed at the time of imaging or scripts when you first start). If You are familiar with Linux, you can upgrade to install yourself (for not standard you will have to copy files, run commands, etc.).

2. The procedure for installing to the internal memory makes the minimum changes to u-boot, so it will be possible to start the system from removable media and restore in ddbr. But it is in theory, in practice, your model may have some nuances that are not known to me and I can't guarantee the work of the restoration without tests. Restoring using a USB cable and it should work (but then again, I have no guarantees).

balbes150

Debian problem run.

Spoiler

Debian норм компилится и загружается, но после обновления не грузится. Я так понял чтото с ядром. Обновляет его и после не может загрузится. Проблема с CPU.

Почените пжл!!!!

19 hours ago, wzor said:

balbes150

Debian problem run.

Hide contents

Debian норм компилится и загружается, но после обновления не грузится. Я так понял чтото с ядром. Обновляет его и после не может загрузится. Проблема с CPU.

Почените пжл!!!!

Describe in detail what steps you are doing.

Spoiler

Попробуй использовать USB флэшку вместо SD карты. Карты и картридеры на ТВ боксах очень капризны при работе с Linux. Так же возможно при обновлении попадаешь на момент когда идёт синхронизация сетевых реп (не стыковка по пакетам).

Попробуй еще удалить кэш сборочницы, что-бы система заново синхронизировала пакеты и собрала свежые образы.

Spoiler

Исключи из процесса сборки не стабильные пакеты (они нужны для десктопа, что-бы улучшить воспроизведение мультимедиа, для сервера они не нужны).

Закомантируй эту строку в сборочнице.

Можно закоментировать этот репозиторий и в готовом образе, что-бы из него не тянулись пакеты при обновлении.

https://github.com/150balbes/lib/blob/master/lib/general.sh#L142

1. Compile Debian 5.32 server

2. Write SD card

3. Loading

NORMAL Run(no problem)

4. apt update

5. apt upgrade

6. reboot

Loading(Problem)

Aug 21 16:12:51 localhost kernel: [   72.836506@1] CTS_CPU_CLK 1416 --> 1608 (MHz)

Spoiler

Скачал по новой с гита  в другой каталог и с компилил.

После обновления начинает эта строка по экрану бегать. До логина не доходит(бегает без конца). Подключился по ssh.

Система продолжает работать с тормозами. Очень грузит проц. Раньше она висла на этом и panic kernel.

Закомментировал тест репозиторий, пока жду обновления) 

syslog

Removed the test repository and it became normal.
Thank you!

Spoiler

2 гига размер образа сервера это слишком даже для компа. Скажите, а уменьшить до минимума можно образ при компиляции?

On 14/6/2017 at 7:47 AM, balbes150 said:

Hi,

I have monitored the startup with uart interface this is my log:

I have tried with rom:

Armbian_5.32_S812_Ubuntu_xenial_3.10.99_mate_20170821.img

and dtb:

meson8_vega_s89.dtb

but it stuck to kernel load.... (look my log, thanks!) with Google TV logo

S82.log

6 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Judging by the log, you need the dtb file with an index meson8_k200b_2G_emmc_sdhc (dir /dtb ).

now with meson8_k200b_2G_emmc_sdhc go forward but showes black screen with no signal, look my new log thanks!

S82.log

PS: Note: I have notate that your system doesn't boot from USB but only with SDHC, I have tried also with meson8_k200b_2G_emmc_sdio but nothing

1. According to the log, the problem with the SD card. The system is unable to read some blocks on it, perhaps the reason for poor compatibility settings of the card and the reader.

2. You can write the image to USB and run from USB flash drive. SD card is required only to activate the multi-boot (using a toothpick or application Update&Backup). By the way, if there is a console UART, multi-upload, you can activate the manual commands from the console UART (using a USB flash drive).