Armbian for Amlogic S805 and S802/S812

masteripper

On 26/02/2018 at 2:02 PM, balbes150 said:

Try starting the system from external media and manually mounting the /dev/data partition. Check it for errors and see how the system formed on it.

I try again Still same error when I lunch debian from the emmc 

I can mount the emmc from the sdcard wo error I lunch the script wo error but when it's time to boot from the emmc It's faill

I get this error on first boot from the sdcard

20180302_225150.jpg

IMG_20180302_230249.jpg

PS this try was done with https://yadi.sk/d/m6P1mLUbuHcHG/S812/Linux/Armbian/5.41/Armbian_5.41_S812_Debian_stretch_3.10.108_server_20180227.img.xz

8 hours ago, balbes150 said:

If there are corrupted files on the SD card, the system cannot be properly copied to the eMMC.

I just try 4 USB stick and 2 sdcard and Still same result

Can inerase all this partition on the emmc?

IMG_20180303_164249.jpg

with more detail

(parted) print list
Model:   (scsi)
Disk /dev/sda: 2005MB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos
Disk Flags:

Number  Start   End     Size    Type     File system  Flags
 1      4194kB  138MB   134MB   primary  fat16        lba
 2      138MB   1795MB  1657MB  primary  ext4

Error: /dev/boot: unrecognised disk label
Model: Unknown (unknown)
Disk /dev/boot: 33.6MB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/524288B
Partition Table: unknown
Disk Flags:

Disk /dev/data: 5578MB
Partition Table: loop
Disk Flags:

Number  Start  End     Size    File system  Flags
 1      0.00B  5578MB  5578MB  ext4

Error: /dev/logo: unrecognised disk label
Disk /dev/logo: 33.6MB
Disk Flags:

Error: /dev/misc: unrecognised disk label
Disk /dev/misc: 33.6MB
Disk Flags:

Disk /dev/cache: 537MB
Disk Flags:

Number  Start  End    Size   File system  Flags
 1      0.00B  537MB  537MB  ext4

Disk /dev/system: 1074MB
Disk Flags:

Number  Start  End     Size    File system  Flags
 1      0.00B  1074MB  1074MB  ext4

Error: /dev/recovery: unrecognised disk label
Disk /dev/recovery: 33.6MB
Disk Flags:

I'll format all of them to see ...

once connected on the sdcard runing ambian 
I try to mount /dev/boot
It's not work. So going to /boot/dtb and then cp a dtb file move it to /boot/dtb.img 
Now I not abble to boot the system at all :D

In log first boot on the usbstick second boot on emmc

M8S12.log

This is normal ?

[    7.589663@0] ALSA device list:
[    7.592714@0]   #0: AML-M8AUDIO
[    7.596011@0] Freeing unused kernel memory: 220K
[    7.600544@1] Failed to execute /init
[    7.608150@1] request_module: runaway loop modprobe binfmt-abcd
[    7.613077@2] Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel. See Linux Documentation/init.txt for guidance.
[    7.623931@3] CPU3: stopping

On 03/03/2018 at 8:42 AM, balbes150 said:

If there are corrupted files on the SD card, the system cannot be properly copied to the eMMC.

OK the install script doesnt work but can run this board in headlesse mod ?
Actually if the hdmi not pluged it's doesn't boot!

Hi folks,

I've got a more rare flavor of m8s+ sold in Russia as Redmond SkyTVbox RSA-100S. It has got very buggy Android firmware. That's why I want to swap it for Linux. The box has root out of the box and can boot from SD and usb. Unfortunately none of the dbt.img files worked for me( I tried many). It boots and goes through resizing the ext4 partition, but after that it hangs and were never able to get HDMI screen working(it's just black and no terminal prompt). If I don't place the dbt file in the root of fat partition it throws some logs to the screen (yes, HDMI) and crashes with kernel panics due to interrupts issue. I took photos of her mb. Please check it out and let me know if you have any ideas for me. Thanks!d0708836e536c904697820e89b4c85b9.jpg7158db9153505b5e27b141155b8e7e36.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

We have the same issue but not the same card ! 
Di you tray witjout the dtbFile ?
Thanks for your reply! Yes I tried with out dtb file and received different results. Sometimes it were freezing very early and black screen. Other times would throw kernel panics to the HDMI screen and exit. One time I were lucky to get the login promp, but it crashed after I tried to change password. Couldn't get to it again never after that. I'm suspecting that the power supply is not enough. I were using stock 2 amper power adapter. Planning to try 4a once I get hold of it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Update image kernel 4.x for s802\s812 20180327

https://yadi.sk/d/-3WALlEG3FyTvs

Works wired network and USB (you can run the system from a USB flash drive). The display does not work. This image is compiled using Martin Blumenstingl kernel sources. Welcome feedback in the form of logs of system start-up using the UART on different models S812.

Update the Volumio image for S802\S812 0.2 20180327.

Audio output works through the standard HDMI output. So far it is implemented with dtb file for "meson8m2_n200_2G_volumio.dtb" . For those who use other dtb files, please write the names of the files (to enable output via the regular HDMI i'm need to make changes to the dtb file).

https://yadi.sk/d/vAHmhi0w3REpkT

forum

https://volumio.org/forum/volumio-fo...812-t8028.html

@balbes150 I'm new to the @mlogic world,  from surfing the web you seem to be the one of the foremost experts of the platform so 1st off thank you for all your hard work you do for the community.  Recently i bought a MBOX MXIII (I'm sure it's some clone) k200C, is there away / somewhere in the kernel i can look to figure out if it is actually an s812 or s802 i know it has the ap6330 WiFi module.  I'd really like to avoid taking the heat sink off which seems to be what most people suggest i'd have to do to know what SoC it has.  

18 hours ago, ndv.systems said:

I'm new to the @mlogic world,  from surfing the web you seem to be the one of the foremost experts of the platform so 1st off thank you for all your hard work you do for the community.  Recently i bought a MBOX MXIII (I'm sure it's some clone) k200C, is there away / somewhere in the kernel i can look to figure out if it is actually an s812 or s802 i know it has the ap6330 WiFi module.  I'd really like to avoid taking the heat sink off which seems to be what most people suggest i'd have to do to know what SoC it has.  

You don't need to disassemble the TV box. Try all the dtb files. According to the file with which the TV box will work, it will be clear which model you have.

Hello balbes150

I'm trying to use your armbian s812 builds on my device : it's a Wetek Core, with Libreelec installed on nand.

From what I understand, I'm in a particular case since my box already supports booting from sdcard, but it doesn't work for your builds (sdcard not seen as bootable by my box).

So, I applied your autoscript to activate universal multiboot.

Now my box detect your builds on sdcard (not on usb), boot on it but is stuck (with screen no signal) with every dtbs I tried.

I think the wetek proprietary multiboot script is in conflict with your.

Here is my fw_printenv ...  thank you if you can help me :

Spoiler

##############################################
#                  LibreELEC                 #
#           https://libreelec.tv            #
##############################################

LibreELEC (community): 8.2.4 (WeTek_Core.arm)
LibreELEC:~ # fw_printenv
baudrate=115200
boardname=wetek_core
bootcmd=run start_autoscript; run storeboot
bootdelay=1
bootfile=boot.img
bootfromnand=0
bootfromrecovery=0
bootingfromsdcard=echo run bootingFromSdCard; if mmcinfo; then if fatload mmc 0 12000000 kernel.img; then setenv bootargs ${bootargs} boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 BOOT_IMAGE=kernel.img ${initargsoe} ; bootm; fi;fi;
bootm_low=0x00000000
bootm_size=0x80000000
bootpath=u-boot.bin
bootsize=100000
bootstart=0
build_number=2
check_rebootmode=get_rebootmode; clear_rebootmode; echo reboot_mode=${reboot_mode};if itest ${clear_env} == 1; then defenv; setenv clear_env 0; saveenv; fi;
chipname=8726m8
clear_env=0
console=ttyS0,115200n8
cvbs_drv=0
cvbsmode=576cvbs
detect_powerKey_whileBooting=if mmcinfo ; then if fatload mmc 0 12000000 kernel.img ; then if irkey ${powerKeyCode} ${powerKeyDetectTimeout}; then if test ${whereToBootFrom} =  internal; then echo ReadyToBootFromSDcard;setenv whereToBootFrom sdcard;saveenv; run bootingfromsdcard;else if test ${whereToBootFrom} = sdcard; then echo ReadyToBootFromInternal ;setenv whereToBootFrom internal;saveenv;fi;fi;fi;echo no_power_key_press;if test ${whereToBootFrom} = sdcard; then echo LastTimeIsBootingFromSDcard;run bootingfromsdcard;fi;fi;fi;
display_bpp=16
display_color_bg=0
display_color_fg=0xffff
display_color_format_index=16
display_height=1080
display_layer=osd2
display_width=1920
ethaddr=00:15:18:01:81:31
fb_addr=0x15100000
fb_height=720
fb_width=1280
firstboot=1
gatewayip=10.18.9.1
get_dt=checkhw
hdmimode=1080p
hostname=arm_m8
initargs=init=/init console=ttyS0,115200n8 no_console_suspend ramoops.mem_address=0x04e00000 ramoops.mem_size=0x100000 ramoops.record_size=0x8000 ramoops.console_size=0x4000 storage=1
initargsoe=console=tty0 consoleblank=0 systemd.show_status=auto
initrd_high=60000000
ipaddr=10.18.9.97
loadaddr=0x12000000
loadaddr_logo=0x13000000
logofileName=bootup
netmask=255.255.255.0
normalsize=400000
normalstart=1000000
outputmode=1080p
p0path=uImage
p0size=400000
p0start=1000000
p1path=android.rootfs
p1size=8000000
p1start=1400000
partnum=2
powerKeyCode=202
powerKeyDetectTimeout=5000000
preboot=if itest ${upgrade_step} == 3; then run prepare; run storeargs; run update; fi; if itest ${upgrade_step} == 1; then  defenv_reserve_env; setenv upgrade_step 2; saveenv; defenv; setenv clear_env 0; saveenv;fi; run check_rebootmode;run selectlogo;run prepare;run storeargs;run update_key; run switch_bootmode
preloaddtb=imgread dtb boot ${loadaddr}
prepare=hdcp prefetch nand;logo size ${outputmode}; video open; video clear; video dev open ${outputmode};imgread pic logo ${logofileName} ${loadaddr_logo}; bmp display ${bootup_offset}; bmp scale;
reboot_mode=normal
recovery=echo enter recovery;if mmcinfo; then if fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} recovery.img; then bootm;fi;fi; if usb start 0; then if fatload usb 0 ${loadaddr} recovery.img; then bootm; fi;fi;if imgread kernel recovery ${loadaddr}; then bootm; else echo no recovery in flash; fi;
sdc_burning=sdc_burn ${sdcburncfg}
sdcburncfg=aml_sdc_burn.ini
selectlogo=setenv logofileName bootup;if mmcinfo ; then if fatload mmc 0 12000000 kernel.img ; then if test ${whereToBootFrom} =  internal; then setenv logofileName bootup_bootFromSDCard;else if test ${whereToBootFrom} = sdcard; then setenv logofileName bootup_bootFromInternal;fi;fi;fi;fi;
serverip=10.18.9.113
start_autoscript=if usb start; then run start_usb_autoscript; fi; if mmcinfo; then run start_mmc_autoscript; fi;
start_mmc_autoscript=if fatload mmc 0 11000000 s805_autoscript; then autoscr 11000000; fi;
start_usb_autoscript=if fatload usb 0 11000000 s805_autoscript; then autoscr 11000000; fi; if fatload usb 1 11000000 s805_autoscript; then autoscr 11000000; fi; if fatload usb 2 11000000 s805_autoscript; then autoscr 11000000; fi; if fatload usb 3 11000000 s805_autoscript; then autoscr 11000000; fi;
store=1
storeargs=setenv bootargs ${initargs} cvbsdrv=${cvbs_drv} vdaccfg=${vdac_config} logo=osd1,loaded,${fb_addr},${outputmode},full hdmimode=${hdmimode} cvbsmode=${cvbsmode} androidboot.firstboot=${firstboot} hdmitx=${cecconfig}
storeboot=echo Booting...; if unifykey get usid; then  setenv bootargs ${bootargs} androidboot.serialno=${usid};fi;if unifykey get mac; then  setenv bootargs ${bootargs} mac=${mac};fi;msleep 100; run detect_powerKey_whileBooting;setenv bootargs ${bootargs} boot=/dev/system disk=/dev/data BOOT_IMAGE=/dev/boot ${initargsoe};imgread kernel boot ${loadaddr};bootm;run recovery
switch_bootmode=if test ${reboot_mode} = factory_reset; then run recovery;else if test ${reboot_mode} = update; then run update;else if test ${reboot_mode} = usb_burning; then run usb_burning;else if test ${wipe_data} = failed; then echo wipe_data=${wipe_data}; run recovery;else if test ${reboot_mode} = charging; then run try_auto_burn; else   fi;fi;fi;fi;fi
testaddr=0x12400000
try_auto_burn=update 700 750;
update=run usb_burning; if mmcinfo; then if fatexist mmc 0 ${sdcburncfg}; then run sdc_burning; else if fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} aml_autoscript; then autoscr ${loadaddr}; fi;run recovery;fi;else run recovery;fi;
update_key=saradc open 0; if saradc get_in_range 0 0x50; then msleep 50; if saradc get_in_range 0 0x50; then echo update by key...; run update; fi;fi
upgrade_step=0
us_delay_step=1
usb_burning=update 1000
vdac_config=0x10
video_dev=tvout
whereToBootFrom=internal
wipe_data=success
LibreELEC:~ #

Edit : I manage to boot by using dtb and uimage of libreelec for my device (3.10.99)

Balbes : can you repost old 3.10.99 debian or ubuntu links ? they are no more on your yandex

Hi @balbes150

Thanks for all the hard work you put on this images.

I have one question:

Installed "Armbian_5.41_S812_Ubuntu_xenial_3.10.108_mate_20180402.img.xz" on my box.

Everything works fine except running Kodi. I get this output:

/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/kodi/kodi-xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
Segmentation fault

Is it possible to run Kodi with hardware acceleration on these images?

9 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Yes, it is possible if you build the necessary version of KODI yourself.

Ok, I can try that if you help me :)

Cloned your xmbc repository and trying to build "AML-Leia".

Running "./kodi_cmake" gives:  "Could NOT find AML (missing: AML_INCLUDE_DIR)"

What package/repository do I need to build?

12 hours ago, Pedro Saraiva said:

Ok, I can try that if you help me

Oh, at least one of the users is not requests to all do for free, decided to help. That's very good. Yes, I will help with the description and steps. First you need to add libMali and amlcodec (you can just copy the working files from Libreelec version to Armbian). Then set all dependencies for the Assembly. Uncomment SRC repositories and execute "apt build-dep kodi" . Alternatively, you can view the KODI build options and build order for The odroid C1 in ArchLinux.

https://github.com/150balbes/PKGBUILDs/blob/amlogic/alarm/kodi-c1/PKGBUILD

On 06/01/2018 at 4:50 PM, balbes150 said:

Do I understand correctly that you are using the same SD card to activate the multi-boot on all TV boxes ? On some TV boxes activation takes place this SD card, and one model does not work (error message with a photo) ?

Judging by the logs, you have a model n200C . So you need to pick up the dtb from this group. When you start with dtb n200C_1GB system starts but a lot of mistakes from the media. Multiboot you have already activated, so try to use a USB flash drive to capture the image and add dtb n200C_1GB. I have my doubts that your model has real 2GB of RAM, it is desirable to open the case and get the brand of memory chips.

Perhaps the manufacturer specially recorded in the built-in dtb is not correct RAM, the kernel in Armbian itself checks for physical memory access and sets the real value (which it itself received under test).

Hi all,

I'm still stuck at this point. I created diferent SD card with debian or ubuntu, but at this point autoscript gives me always the same answer. Do have any idea I can test / do to make it happen? 

On 02/05/2018 at 12:11 AM, Gossamer said:

Hi all,

I'm still stuck at this point. I created diferent SD card with debian or ubuntu, but at this point autoscript gives me always the same answer. Do have any idea I can test / do to make it happen? 

Hi all,

Last night I managed to make it happen.

I searched around but I'm still not able to apply aml_autoscript from update & backup and it always gives me header/footer signature errors.

I conencted the board using serial console and defined/update environment variable myself :) (copying from the aml_script).

I had some problems with syntax errors for typos but at the end It worked!!

For the next step I will search how to include wifi drivers for ap6330 and blutooth.

Cheers ! :P

Hey ,

I have tried almost all the dtb files with several versions..but the wired network and wifi refuse to work ..it boots fine.

I have UART, but it doesn't show anything abnormal.

My Chipset is Netxeon M82G V2.1 with Amlogic S812, with network chip AP6330

though this seems to happen in every single build

firefox_2018_05_13_01_52_40.png

Thanks in advance :)