Banana PI M1 freeze compiling headers

pope

Hi everyone, 

im playing quite a while with my BP and OMV simplenas Images. 

for perfomance reasons i decided to test armbian but i have some trouble with it. 

I prepare the SD boot them up change my root pw and set a user ... so far so well but everytime i tried a 

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade 

my system freeze at the point where it should setting up linux-headers-sun7i 5.23 ... compiling headers please wait...

first i thought i only have to wait but after 12h waiting while 100% Cpu usage i was quite sure there is somthing going wrong.

did anyone saw this problem before and solved it? 

tried armbian Vanilla( xenial, jessie) also lagacy (xenial) without sucess

greetings 

And what is the worst that could happen if compilation get stuck?

Missing kernel headers tools - so it won't be possible to compile out of tree wireless drivers (for example).

And you can check exit code to see if compilation simply failed or was killed due to timeout. In the latter case a "nice" message regarding SD card quality (and instructions for manual compilation) can be displayed.

i used 2 new 32 GB samsung evo cards,

If i reboot the system it will run into problems wich make it unable to boot completely so i think an interrupt causes more trouble.

im curious what is going on, it is depending on my hardware? or are these it maybe network problems?

greetings an thanks for the fast response

@pope

Since you are telling about 100% CPU usage you already have another session running in parallel. So you can use htop in preocess tree mode (activated by pressing F5) to find the process that is using 100% CPU, and if it is a part of dpkg - make - gcc chain (or even if it doesn't use any CPU time), you can kill it (make or gcc processes). This will allow upgrade process to finish.

Edit: you should probably run htop as root (with sudo)