Banana Pi M1+ and BPi 7 inch LCD (S070WV20-CT16)

beu

Hi,

has anyone been able to use the BPi 7 inch LCD (S070WV20-CT16) with Banana Pi M1+?

I took the FEX file from this how-to:

https://sinovoip.blogspot.hu/2015/08/how-to-banana-pi-bpi-m1-7-inch-touch.html

and put it the "bin" subdir of the Armbian image (Armbian_5.20_Bananapipro_Debian_jessie_3.4.112_desktop.7z),

then symlinked from the script.bin in the root dir to it (I did not change anything else in the image) and rebooted. At boot when it comes

to starting the kernel, it always resets (starts the boot process again and again).

When I use (symlink to) the "built-in" bananapim1pluslcd7.bin in the image, the same result: starts the boot process again and again (when it

starts the kernel).

Do I have to change anything else in the image (boot.cmd, bootargs environment variable, resolution ...) so that it would work?

Can anyone help me?

Another question: the aforementioned Armbian image contains several FEX files (in the "bin" subdir), some of which are

for LCD (I guess based on their name), for example: bananapilcd7.bin, bananapim1pluslcd7.bin, bananapiprolcd7.bin.

My question is: for which LCD model are these FEX files? With which LCD models were these FEX files tested?

Thank you in advance,

beu

Hi tkaiser!

Thank you for your reply and the links!

Yes, I have a multimeter. Should I measure the input voltage during boot?

I connect only a monitor to the HDMI port (via an HDMI - DVI converter cable). No other peripherials, not even a keyboard/mouse. And not even the LCD itself.

I just tried if the board can at least boot with the LCD-enabled FEX .bin files. It could not.

(I use an 5V / 2000 mA power supply.)

Can you point me to an operating system image (Raspbian, Armbian, Bananian, any other) and a FEX .bin file that is proven to work

"out-of-the box" with the M1+ and BPi 7 inch LCD (S070WV20-CT16)?

Did you ever test this LCD with a FEX .bin file? If yes, can you present that FEx .bin file to me?

Don't you know, with what LCD models were the ananapilcd7.bin, bananapim1pluslcd7.bin, bananapiprolcd7.bin files in the Armbian image tested?

Best regards,

beu

Did you ever test this LCD with a FEX .bin file?

Me not and I neither know nor care whether someone else did. Please see the first line in the fex file: https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/commit/67f1822175e55e26633f6d4b3a0314c1148e5f9c

Please read through the first paragraph and the line mentioning M1+ here to get the idea what's wrong with all Banana devices that came after the first one: http://linux-sunxi.org/Banana_Pi#Variants

The vendor is careless and ignorant and never managed to provide correct hardware descriptions for any of his boards (only with the first Banana Pi it was different since back then LeMaker did the software job). So you better ask over at Banana forums (most probably just to get the idea how their support looks like)

Hi tkaiser!

Thank you for your reply.

You are right, I regret having bought this LCD module. The LeMaker LCDs seem better documented.

Sorry if my question sounded aggressive (my English is far from good ...). I just would like to find somebody, who

says "Yes, I tested this LCD with M1+ and found out that OS image X with FEX file Y lets the LCD work".

Do your experiments (if any) agree with the statement "Featurewise both boards are nearly identical and fex/dts files can be interchanged directly" of the paragraph you linked in?

Best regards,

beu

Sorry if my question sounded aggressive

Sorry if my answer sounded too harsh. But in fact dealing with this specific ignorant and extremely careless vendor makes me aggressive too easily. :(

You might better ask in their forum, maybe they can answer you.

Edit: Ah, ok. You did that already: http://forum.banana-pi.org/t/bpi-m1-and-bpi-7-inch-lcd-s070wv20-ct16/ (the usual 'SinoVoip experience' -- no support)