No usable video on [Orange PI PC+] using VLC

laurentppol

Hi there,

my favourite Video player is VLC (who remembers? ;p), so I downloaded it,

apt-get install vlc

But on MP4 video image is 8x squashed, speed looks OK,

sound is "almost working" with muting from time to time.

post-3940-0-19949000-1481933423_thumb.jpg

With mvp screen looks (geometrically) ok, but pixels are 8x8 (colour).

Unusable too.

Any ideas?

Sample film visualises on mCeleron 1.4GHz / Intel GMA w/o problem. (I know, from HDD, but it looks not like a HDD performance problem).

If this above is from mpv, it's look like the known bug in divx/xvid video, which is not supported from vdpau except nVidia hardware. The solution in mplayer for me was to add supported codecs in configuration - /usr/local/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf :

vc=ffmpeg12vdpau,ffh264vdpau,ffhevcvdpau,

Comma at the end is important and do the trick. In mpv was something similar, but i don't remember the exact line. Originally configuration should look like this - /usr/local/etc/mpv/mpv.conf (/etc/mpv/mpv.conf in Xenial) :

hwdec-codecs=all

You have to replace "all" with list of supported codecs, with comma at the end.

For VLC i have no idea. Somehow you have to deny ffodivxvdpau of using, or add possibility of using alternative codecs for mpeg4, but i am not sure there is an option for this in VLC.

libvdpau-sunxi can be compiled with make and make install (as root), as it is written in the README.

The mpv output could indeed be a problem with mp4, as RangerBG already said. The mp4 codec is pretty bad in libvdpau-sunxi, many variants might not work correctly. You should try a known working one like Big Buck Bunny to be sure it works as expected.

hi there, I am trying to play /dev/video0 with mpv with vdpau (on Orangepi Lite). But it always fails with:

Video filter chain:
[in] 640x480 yuv420p[nv12] bt,601/limited CL=unknown <---
[out] ???
Falling back to software decoding. 

I tried vdpau in vlc but time is moving but I do not see any video.

Any idea please?