What's needed to upgrade Orange Pi 2E+ from legacy?

As. See in 5.25 changelog mainline kernel sunxi 4.9 is coming.

Will it be available for orangepiplus2e

If it is ok now with CPU high temperature, can we upgrade it now, or should I wait for 5.25 to come?

Please guide

It's not coming to H3 devices officially yet. Mainline (dev kernel branch) is targeted at developers and advanced users and we are looking at developer grade feedback on it and don't provide any end user support.

If I want to try mainline kernel on my opi+2e what do u recommend?

Basically I am using my opi for NAS - nextcloud

And I want latest kernel for docker to work.

Please recommend me mainline for NAS- nextcloud and docker

Thanks in adv.

If I want to try mainline kernel on my opi+2e what do u recommend?

Basically I am using my opi for NAS - nextcloud

And I want latest kernel for docker to work.

Please recommend me mainline for NAS- nextcloud and docker

Thanks in adv.

If you want to try, just go ahead, but if it doesn't work you are on your own - pleads for help will be ignored. That's the main difference between supported and unsupported board / kernel.

If you want to try, just go ahead, but if it doesn't work you are on your own - pleads for help will be ignored. That's the main difference between supported and unsupported board / kernel.

Can u recommend who had installed mainline on opi+2e.

Please as u are the one to whom ppl will ask.

Can u recommend who had installed mainline on opi+2e.

Please as u are the one to whom ppl will ask. 

Yes, but I am not a god :P  There are things that I simply don't know or would need to waste a lot of time to dig for info and give it to you. I don't provide manual Google service.

Try using our search: https://www.armbian.com/search_gcse/

Quick question, what uboot was used when building Jessie with kernel 4.9.4 for the NanoPi NEO? I've tried building Armbian Jessie with kernel 4.9.4 for the OrangePi+ 2e, but uboot isn't working in those builds. If I didn't need touchscreen support I wouldn't be asking, but kernel 3.4 doesn't support most touchscreens, including the ones I own.

Yeah, that is what I'm using, but no go on building a bootable image. I'm also running into "invoke-rc.d policy-rc.d denied execution of stop." part way through the build which blocks the build from going further.