Random SBC discussion (moved from OPi Zero thread)

atharmian

What a waste of talent and time ...Ever thought about it, seriously?

Many times - probably the only proper solution is to transfer technical support into subscription service and charge some bucks per month for that. A lot of those questions are pure sign of laziness and low Google-fu.

Technology exists and its affordable.

Many times - probably the only proper solution is to transfer technical support into subscription service and charge some bucks per month for that. A lot of those questions are pure sign of laziness and low Google-fu.

Technology exists and its affordable.

I don't think this will work in this environment. I'm sure that people who are already buying the cheapest boards they can get for the use cases they were never designed for won't associate software and support with any financial feedback from their side, so IMO it's best to leave everything as is, except for maybe locking this thread, because it is definitely not a constructive discussion.

maybe locking this thread, because it is definitely not a constructive discussion.

Well, I would prefer to leave this thread here open as 'playground' for one specific user who can then write his confusing stuff here where it can be easily ignored. The same user IMO needs a warning that as soon as he starts again to destroy 'real threads' somewhere else by flooding them with false claims, assumptions and asking the same questions again and again that his posts get deleted and his account banned.

Well, I would prefer to leave this thread here open as 'playground' for one specific user who can then write his confusing stuff here where it can be easily ignored. The same user IMO needs a warning that as soon as he starts again to destroy 'real threads' somewhere else by flooding them with false claims, assumptions and asking the same questions again and again that his posts get deleted and his account banned.

Seeing what Igor and then zador said there is big disagreement among devs too.

But clearly there is much more waste than my otherwise quite sensible remarks, well mostly, just like for others.

According to zador, 70-80% of this Forum is already crap, to use a fav word from one its own devs !

Some guys still cannot answer my questions. Well...See above the "new" Zero Plus" that was being touted couple days ago.

Now ain't THIS marketing bull?