Orange Pi 2G-IOT

Petus

1 hour ago, alterfritz said:

When I run ./compile I can not see any rda8810... guess it is not that easy... 

No it isnt that easy :(

You could use of my old images (when the i96/2G-iot was in the armbian-build-system):
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18r98nniuPmGMx2puxQleT9jtRWK03_VS

or try to use build-root from
https://github.com/txurtxil/broot2g

Maybe the following thread will bring you some alternatives:

38 minutes ago, alterfritz said:

The only one annoying thing left - this random MAC address. Is this fixed somewhere? 

you could try to set it inside /etc/network/interfaces (when not using network-manager):
with  hwaddress ether

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
       hwaddress ether 01:02:03:04:05:06

Orange Pi
2G-IOT login: root
Password:
Login incorrect
2G-IOT login: root
Password:
# ifconfig
lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

#

Hi,

I am making Asterisk PBX over Orange Pi - 2g IoT, I have tried Armbian as well as Ubuntu. Everything is working fine, but I am stuck on two issues,

a. How to add built-in GSM module of Orange Pi 2g IoT board in asterisk, so that A GSM trunk call/text can be transferred on SIP extension. I know chan-dongle, but asterisk is not detecting GSM module. I ahve tried different versions of asterisk.

b. How to change IMEI of Orange Pi 2g IoT

Looking for solutions

Regards

Hello all,

I bought one of these nice little devices, and and after a week of playing with it, I'm quite satisfied. Of course the software side is not the best, but the board itself is powerful, cheap, and it is full of features.

Right now all I am missing is a working LCD under Linux. I bought the official phone display from Aliexpress, it works under Android, but no success so far in Linux. So I'm looking for some help here with it.

I have cleaned and formatted the kernel source code (kernel/drivers/video/rda directory), it uses and registers the ILI9806g_mcu according to the dmesg output, but there is only garbage on the screen after it is initialized. So I think the FrameBuffer driver maps to a wrong RAM address. The rda-fb module outputs this: "rda-fb rda-fb: init done, 480 x 800 = 1540096, at cf028000, phys 0x8e200000"

When I convert the 0x8e200000 to decimal, it is an insanely high number (around 2 terabytes), which is suspicious.

Is there anyone here with kernel and LCD programming experience, who could help me with sorting this out?

I also tried to compile a kernel from the released Android source code, which is a bit different, but it doesn't work either. My next project is to make working the Vivante driver, also found in the Android source.

The USB A port with the original kernel is pretty slow, I plugged in a 10/100 MCS7830 Ethernet adapter, and the average up/download speed is around 400 KB/s. I took a look at the code and in kernel/drivers/usb/musb/rda.c I found the following in the rda_start_host() function:

/* disable high speed when host*/
power = musb_readb(regs, MUSB_POWER);
power &= ~MUSB_POWER_HSENAB;
musb_writeb(regs, MUSB_POWER, power);

I commented it out, rebuilt the kernel, and now I'm testing whether the USB is reliable or not. The download speed from the board with SSH is now around 1 MB/s.

On 11/26/2019 at 2:52 AM, guidol said:

No it isnt that easy :(

You could use of my old images (when the i96/2G-iot was in the armbian-build-system):
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18r98nniuPmGMx2puxQleT9jtRWK03_VS

or try to use build-root from
https://github.com/txurtxil/broot2g

Maybe the following thread will bring you some alternatives:

@guidolHi sorry to revive an old post but I am working on an orangepi 2g-iot board and I wanted to check out your armbian image

I am stuck at the login prompt

I have tried orangepi / orangepi and root / orangepi as username / password but both don't work

Could you please let me know the username and password for these images? 

I managed to draw on the screen under Linux by playing with the driver. It's far from working, but at least now I understand a few things.

Now it only refreshes the screen when the FrameBuffer fb_pan_display() function is called, which does a full refresh. It gives no sign of life when only a portion of the screen should be redrawn, like the cursor. I couldn't yet figure out how to detect when the framebuffer memory changes.

So, I managed to make usable the framebuffer driver under Linux. It's still far from perfect, and the refresh rate is now five frames per second, but of course I can increase it, it's just not necessary yet. On the first picture there is the console I used with an attached keyboard, on the second picture there is a light Window Manager (JWM) I compiled on the machine running with an attached mouse. The distribution is Armbian 5.27, which I found somewhere on the net.

The USB port is a budget one, according to the kernel message it doesn't support USB hubs, but I have to try that out yet.

Theoretically it is possible to integrate the framebuffer driver into the Linux Kernel's FBTFT subtree, that way it could be more easily ported to mainline.

I wonder if I can make usable the WiFi driver along with the sound card.

On 2/5/2022 at 2:46 PM, Gabor Hidvegi said:

So, I managed to make usable the framebuffer driver under Linux. It's still far from perfect, and the refresh rate is now five frames per second, but of course I can increase it, it's just not necessary yet. On the first picture there is the console I used with an attached keyboard, on the second picture there is a light Window Manager (JWM) I compiled on the machine running with an attached mouse. The distribution is Armbian 5.27, which I found somewhere on the net.

The USB port is a budget one, according to the kernel message it doesn't support USB hubs, but I have to try that out yet.

Theoretically it is possible to integrate the framebuffer driver into the Linux Kernel's FBTFT subtree, that way it could be more easily ported to mainline.

I wonder if I can make usable the WiFi driver along with the sound card.

Great work! Could you make a public image from this system for download?

14 minutes ago, CarlosRupp said:

Great work! Could you make a public image from this system for download?

Of course, I will, but I'm far from that. Most probably it would be faster if I shared the kernel file, that would render all available 2G IoT images usable. I will see what I can do.

Unfortunately I couldn't make the sound card work yet, and on my device the touch screen stopped to respond. I ordered another one from Aliexpress, but it will take a few weeks to arrive. I also discovered that the full size USB port is running at 10 mbps normally, because the modem needs to initialize the micro USB port first, and this procedure takes about six seconds. If we start to load the kernel USB drivers after this, then our USB works at 480 mbps. I have to figure out how to deal with it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.