NanoPiNeo with latest dev kernels and armbian

gahabana

hi all 

i had armbian build running with 'dev' kernel (4.9.0) and armbian 5.24 which worked PERFECT over a month.

decided 2 days ago to build from scratch, armbian build system pulled all latest updates and i got 5.24 with kernel 4.9.3 (2 days ago) and 4.9.4 today. None of those would boot properly (ie. can not ping/access the board). I also tried downloading nightly build and that one is not working any more. 

Iknow these builds are not supported but since it worked very well i think something got broken either in kernel or uboot or in armbian so might be worth a look.

tx in advance !

Same here, I got my Neo today unable to boot with the newer kernel (using nightly).  Unfortunately, no serial output.  will figure out how to connect the serial now.  Still trying to figure out how to roll back the kernel to 4.9.0 ... no success yet.  can't find the doc either.

Hi,

I learn a lot from Armbian and I use its sources and patches. Thanks.

But for my very special purpose, I don't use the Armbian build tool. I use a patch (see attached file) for my NanoPi NEO, not tested for Armbian build tool. If someone wants to try it, maybe put it in lib/patch/kernel/sun8i-dev (after remove the .txt in the name) ?

sun8i-emac-thermal-cpufreq.patch.txt