teamviewer

overload

Well, no sure it will help but...

I tried Teamviewer on a Rasp but the soft is in beta and... It is clearly unusable for "production".

For the moment, because you cannot link TeamViewer to an email adress (in the arm version), you have to use the code generated each time you run the app. You know the code when launch the graphic interface and then run TeamViewer: the code is shown by the app. It's crazy because TeamViewer is supposed to give you control over internet, so first please go your SBC, plug a screen and a mouse and in the graphic interface run the app, note the code. Then go back home and pray for the app do not crash. And please do not run again the application because there is no control, you can run ten time the same app and you cannot know which one is the last one and what is the good code.

So, yes, you can run the app but it is, for the moment, unusable.

Why are you using Teamviewer on Linux at all? Its half-baked insecure RDP when used on Windows, not surprised its seriously broken when using it via x86 emulation.

Use something reasonable like VNC, x11vnc can open a reverse VNC connection to your computer as needed from your terminal.

I am working in a school inside an university in China. TeamViewer allows me to contact a computer on my school to manage my business, from home. We depend on internet access of the university. I do not know how to enter in my school LAN across the university LAN from internet without TeamViewer. DDND is forbidden in the country. I cannot use a fix IP address because I do not manage the internet in the university and it is not authorized. If you have a better solution just explain please.

I also tried to use teamviewer on armbian but failed. I now use logmein hamachi for connections to my orange from outside my home network. You have to install client software on both sides and then you can add your computer at school to your network, connection is via vpn. You could then simply use remotedesktop like VNC...

https://www.vpn.net/

Refer to these articles when running on arm devices:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5207&f=

http://www.orangepi.org/orangepibbsen/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1954

Good luck

Rodolpho, in China DDNS is impossible. As Google, Gmail, gmap etc... Have you ever heard about the great numeric wall?

Not really...Unless you use VPN+default route. my ex is there for new year and she is super OK. Her's MAC is connecting to my server UDP high port ovpn and default route is over vpn connection.It seems that china Great FW is not so great at the end. She is surfing like GWF does not exist

Have you ever heard about the great numeric wall?

Yes - it looks a lot greater through Beijing smog. :)

All you actually need is a (reverse ssh) tunnel from your Chinabox to an accessible server (jump stattion) so you can ssh in to your protected Chinabox and run your desktop securely under your own control. See above posts and links regarding VPN and the use of remote desktops.

Thank you... I just explain one more time, our school is inside the campus university in China.

I do not manage internet access, I do not have access to the box, I know what is a VPN and use at least 3 different VPN near every day. I know what is xrdp.

The advantage of TW is this app use port 80 and 443 so it is not blocked, and also there is an intermediate computer that can connect the TW server and the TW client. The app allows me to gain access to my lan in the school using one computer at home. I've tried TW on a Raspberry in december but found the beta for arm is not usable for the moment. If it is possible to link TW to a mail address, so it will change the game.

If there is an alternative, I am ok to test, but I repeat : no access to the box, DDNS is impossible in China, etc... At home I can do what I want with my equipment (DD-WRT on my router, VPN inside my router bla-bla-bla) but in the foreign school inside the Chinese university, I cannot do what I want. 

Rodolpho, I've read your thread previously about fun with Armbian, thank you, I will have a look later, Chinese new year for the moment, holidays and wife asking why I spend so much time with the computer during holidays.

Thanks friends for trying to help me.