VPN, DNS, Network issues

nobody

Hi,

I used to run a RPi3 as a VPN and DNS-Server (PiHole) and it worked like a charm. Since the RPI3 is a bit oversized for this work I bought a NanoPi Neo 512MB and installed armbian Ubuntu 4.9.x, but I have some issues with it:

- eth0 is only connected by 100/half duplex. I can set it manually to full duplex with autoneg off, but after a few secondes it falls back to 10(!) half duplex. with autoneg on it comes back to 100 half duplex (the amber led is off; cable and switch are ok)

- the MAC-Adress is changing every reboot. I have to fix it manually

- I can set up Pihole to use the Nanopi as a DNS-Server and it works well in the LAN, until I connect over openVPN (over WAN) to the NanoPi. Then Pihole-DNS-Server stops working and I'll get kicked out of VPN. I can reconnect a few times but suddenly the Nanopi will crash.

What can I do? I'm a little bit frustrated right now.

What can I do? I'm a little bit frustrated right now.

Why? You choose to use development / preview / beta kernel, where things are clearly not ready yet. Old stock legacy kernel is a better choice.

Edit: I moved all H2/H3/A64 images with kernel 4.x to nightly section since you probably failed to read the text below download link: "Images were built from development branch."