[Nano PI Neo Air] Mic / Audio Out

Hi All,

I'm trying to use mic and line-out on nano pi neo air.

I did this regarding to topics I found :

apt-get install pulse-audio

pulseaudio -D

I tried some modifications in this file without succeed for the moment :

/etc/pulse/daemon.conf

I use alsamixer to check volume control but I have no sound when I do :

speaker-test -c4 -l1 -twav

Does analog audio or mic input are avaliable on nano pi neo air ?

Best Regards

Hi.

I am testing the microphone and despite using alsamixer to adjust it, its volume is very low and with very poor quality.

In an Orange pi zero its quality was great, but with the same microphone in the nanopi neo air, the quality is very bad.

Does anyone know how to improve audio quality?

Hi underpop, You should better open a new topic.

I can't use the mic input because input is too small (I should solder 20 units per month so it takes too much time for me)

It is not on the header as expected when it was sold to me.

I don't know if I will be able to use the nanopiair because I have problems with a IR input levels.

If you have quality problem or gain problem, I read some topics saying that it needs to be amplified.

I don't know why it is sold as a mic input, audio out seems to have a good quality.

@sirob
Hi,
I am also trying to use MIC, and speakers; but did not get any output yet. I installed pulseaudio, and followed your procedure but no luck. Could you please explain how exactly I can use MIC and Speakers on NanoPi NEO Air? Have you used those 4 solder pads on board to attach hardware or got any success from GPIO? If you have used solder pads, then explain the MIC P / N pads, as no guide is given to identify which solder pad belongs to which pin. Please guide me.

I don't see how to explain to you better than the 2 first messages of this topic.... (the picture in the second message is very good quality so we can well see the outputs)

I think it's only possible to get audio from the 4 solder pads on board, not from Gpio.

8 minutes ago, Jakub Štajner said:

Hi, that is very strange, because this audio hat for NEO/NEO AIR is using only GPIOs ;)
And from real photos it looks, there is nothing more than amplifier and some passive components.

This hat is using an I2S DAC, so it's possible to get audio without using the solder pads (i.e. a USB DAC would be a valid option too)

I was answering to xeye who wanted to connect speakers. It can better/easier to use nano pi neo, some version have a specific audio header.

The NanoHat PCM5102A (on friendlyarm) do the trick better audio quality, 120db snr, 380kz, 32bits resolution, but who have audio files or is there audio improvement to output such a good quality ?

An analogic amplifier is needed anyway to connect speakers (or use amplified pc speakers).

To get audio, I think the nano pi neo air is maybe not the easier choice in my opinion