Orange pi lite screen problem

José M González

Hello, and sorry for my English. I install in my orange pi lite the armbian, but I can't config my TFT 7" correctly. The problem is that part of de left size of the screen is hidden and the botton size also. I tray to config with h3disp but depence of the config nothing happens or the screen became red. If I connect by ssh all is correct only is when conect the hdmi.

Thank you 

Hello Igor thanks for replay, well the resolution of the display is 800*480 I think, because that is the resolution that setup in the raspberry pi and works fine But this relotution in Orange pi when try to setup (h3disp -m 800x480) the screen became red.

We added a lot of new resolutions but some of them might not be fully tested. I can only test few of them ... Anyway in such case you need hacking power. No simple solution yet. At least not known to me.

1. Search the forum for similar problems - how to set custom resolution. There was some success stories for bringing some odd screen sizes to the kernel driver.

2. Calculate and provide new / working parameters for your display

3. Recompile kernel - boot - try - change - recompile ... until you got the proper picture.

Do you have a proper screen at bootloader ? Is it detected properly? Have you checked betas:

https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-lite/#nightly

Yes with the betas (nightly) works fine the problem is with the others ROM.

(modern) betas uses auto detection and a driver which was adopted by @jernej to work on H3 boards and a kernel make use of this screen initialisation (simplefb driver). Video driver has certain limitations, but for normal work is perfectly fine.

On kernel 3.4.113, we use stock video driver provided by Allwinner and patch by community. They support only few screen sizes, the rest was added by us.

If you don't need to watch movies or play games, stick to betas and forget about ... otherwise start with the task list :)

Because I reader somthing about the overscan, It is possible change this parameter maybe that is the problem because the image seems that start before the display.

Overscan solves small screen irregularity, which is not the case. Here is how to use this:

https://docs.armbian.com/Hardware_Allwinner/#how-to-reconfigure-video-output