Forum upgrade

Igor

Just now, zador.blood.stained said:

Are there still no options to toggle between rich text and BBcode in the editor?

by default no. 3rd party plugins perhaps?

11 minutes ago, zador.blood.stained said:

AFAIK there is enough storage to upload a ton of images to the forum.

The forum software tells me 'Max total size 12.46MB' which is not even sufficient to cover topics like OMV (my dir sharing OMV related pictures has already 15MB in size). But at least copy&paste now works again! Thanks @Igor -- now if BBcode would also work the forum software would become usable again...

Recent changes:

- pinned header. This can't be user configurable and I hope there are no many objections otherwise it can be unpinned.

- the line below header with social links was removed

- cosmetic bugfixes (@ name shows properly)

No special reason. Better access to navigation? Also about to change. I put myself under the influence of this book. More work will be done on the www site when time allows.

That's why I am asking.

Is it worse, better or you don't care?

8 minutes ago, Igor said:

Is it worse, better or you don't care?

I asked myself which of those top links I ever clicked on and came to the conclusion: none except 'Google site search' (Is this new? Or since when is this available? I usually never looked into the top header since it's of zero use to me). With the pinned header for me it's worse since no advantages but wasted space on screen and jumping to individual posts I end up with scrolling first since the first lines of each post aren't visible:

Bildschirmfoto%202017-10-23%20um%2016.06

Currently, the header is not very useful. Agree on that. Will try this feature later, when things get properly rearranged. You and I are not typical users so it doesn't count much what we think :)

I use the default theme and firefox. The header does scroll away.

3 minutes ago, Igor said:

You and I are not typical user

I do fully support this :D

Edit: @tkaiser, thank you for the picture. With header I was thinking about headlines(topics), not the top-bar. Especially since it scrolls on my PC as it did before.

Edited by Tido
Header

Yes, it's an updated theme. Few things were fixed upon my request but few new bugs were added too. 

- the header is squashed back, even little more

- post outlines will be disabled. I don't find where - waiting for theme designer reply

- extra spacing between posts is most likely related to post outlines. 

I just find out one more disturbing problem - search inside PM is not working (at least not for me) but I also made one improvement on Tapatalk module which was upgraded and its apparently less buggy.

On 14.11.2017 at 9:58 PM, Tido said:

La Potato

from my french lessons years ago ' la pomme de terre' and potato is also feminine,  it's named LePotato but La would make much more sense... :P 

On 13.11.2017 at 5:04 PM, Igor said:

Thanks to @pete He is fixing the theme. :D

fun fact: code button disappears (chrome) when using fullscreen for PMs but it appears when I shrink my browser window (1366x768, yeah I have a shitty screen on my laptop.. :D )  

I believe you but

A Podcast is only an Apple 'word', the fact that everybody uses it, makes it the word for it and not Audiocast which would be more correct.

And as they name it Le, it is Le.  Otherwise you have to depend on Google's smartness within the search results, right ?