ubifs

Hi,

while i was trying to work with the NTC C.H.I.P. i've started to take in consideration the ubifs instead of mounting all the system partition as read only. Someone have experience with ubifs? do it is supported by armbian? Someone can help me with some guide?

Thanks for your answer zador,

i know that armbian don't support ntc chip, but i'm looking for something that allow me to use writable partitions with a system that could be switched off randomly. So there is no reliable read andwrite fs for mlc nand???

1 minute ago, dottgonzo said:

So there is no reliable read andwrite fs for mlc nand???

Not without additional patches or switching NAND to SLC mode (if NAND chip supports it, and I saw some C.H.I.P. related patches floating around)

I am talking about pure mainline, as C.H.I.P. kernel fork may already have necessary patches for reliable MLC NAND

doh!
I have never used any NAND SLC? Using an SLC NAND can get a good reliability, with and without, a specific fs as ubifs?
with my project, I decided to not store anything others than configuration files, but I am exploring some sort of reasonable alternative to be able to save some data while the device is in operation