iw reg set not working

Lucas Schiochet

Hi,

I am using orange pi one with the ubuntu desktop version.

When i am trying to change the region using 'iw reg set US' and after retrieving the value using 'iw reg get'  still the region are not changed.

I was following the doc. https://null-byte.wonderhowto.com/how-to/ultimate-guide-upping-tx-power-kali-linux-2-0-0168325/ and was able to do it all steps but impossible to change region.

Can anyone help me in this issue?

Thanks in advance

If you can not set this parameter, it's usually not supported. Nothing uncommon for those cheap chips (drivers). Kernel wise I don't recall that we would be missing something ... but also possible.

From our perspective, we are done with fixes to the driver, when basic things works. Even that, sometimes proves to be mission hardcore / impossible and a lot of time gets wasted. If you seek advanced functionality on this chip ... prepare for code/debug/seek for help from wireless gurus battle :)

Nothing is strange here. "Official" Rpi kernel version is 4.4.x, so you probably tried on that and "Official" Opi kernel is 3.4.x which is way older and in general less supported for 3rd party hardware than Rpi. 

Try on Opi One development image with kernel 4.10.x (at the moment). We provide one for One :)

We don't deal with 3rd party hardware. Our group is way way too tiny for such operations.