Testers wanted: sunxi Device Tree overlays

1 hour ago, technik007_cz said:

Kernel version 4.19.13-sunxi does not accept param_w1_pin=

As I said in the other thread, it is not the kernel that manage those DT parameters, it is u-boot responsible to load them, so, we need to see in early u-boot log (before kernel started) if the fixup.scr apply succeeded or not .

You need USB-TTL Serial dongle to watch those early logs ...

11 hours ago, spaceship said:

Where do  i find the corresponding driver on the kernel source code , pertaining to the following dts file:

https://github.com/armbian/sunxi-DT-overlays/blob/master/sun7i-a20/sun7i-a20-i2s0.dts

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/tree/sound/soc/sunxi/sun4i-i2s.c

I had submitted a PR last year that was committed to the tree at https://github.com/armbian/sunxi-DT-overlays but this doesn't seem to have made it to the mainline nor is it included in any pine64 pre-built kernels.  It is a very simple one-line correction from 

For now I've been using a local user patch when rebuilding kernels.  Would I need to submit a separate PR for the linux mainline as well?

Or would a PR to add a bundled patch in the armbian build tree be better/preferred?

28 minutes ago, windysea said:

but this doesn't seem to have made it to the mainline

The sunxi-DT-overlays is some kind of backup repository, but the real place that you fix should be in the patches, in the present case here :

https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/patch/kernel/sunxi-dev/general-sunxi-overlays.patch#L5071

Feel free to submit another PR for that file, we will merge it quickly ...

Thanks!

I've submitted the a PR with two separate commits, one each for -dev and -next, with the exact same change.  I didn't know if you would accept PRs on -next and meant to create two PRs but the second commit was merged with the first PR that had already been submitted. . .

On 1/8/2018 at 3:58 PM, dorchain said:

/dts-v1/;
/plugin/;

/ {
        compatible = "allwinner,sun4i-a10", "allwinner,sun7i-a20", "allwinner,su
n8i-h3", "allwinner,sun50i-a64", "allwinner,sun50i-h5";

/* 
         * Aliases can be used to set the external RTC as rtc0
         * Needs supplying the correct path to the I2C controller RTC is connect
ed to,
         * this example is for I2C1 on A20
         */
        fragment@0 {
                target-path = "/aliases";
                __overlay__ {
                        rtc1 = "/soc@01c00000/rtc@01c20d00";
                };
        };
        fragment@1 {
                target-path = "/aliases";
                __overlay__ {
                        rtc0 = "/soc@01c00000/i2c@01c2b400/ds3231@68";
                };
        };

fragment@2 {
                target = <&i2c2>;
                __overlay__ {
                        #address-cells = <1>;
                        #size-cells = <0>;
                        ds3231@68 {
                                compatible = "maxim,ds3231";
                                reg = <0x68>;
                                status = "okay";
                        };
                };
        };
};

Hi,

can anybody help me adapt this overlay to H5 cpu (Pi PC2) ? I experiment myself and make this workable for DS3231 but it is still registered as RTC1.

I change:

- rtc0 = "/soc@01c00000/i2c@01c2b400/ds3231@68"; to rtc0 = "/soc@01c00000/i2c@01c2b000/ds3231@68";  ( I2C0 = i2c@01c2b000 )

- target = <&i2c1>; to target = <&i2c0>;

As I said, it works, it register DS3231 at boot and it works include HWMON but it is still as RTC1.

Have anybody idea how to set it and replace RTC0 ? (RTC0 on H5 is on 1f00000)

And can anybody explain me a bit what is meaning with addresses "/soc@01c00000/rtc@01c20d00" ?

Kernel:  4.19.38-sunxi64 #5.86 SMP

Thanks

/Tomi

Edited by TomiISP
kernel info

Hello,

I have found an issue with the audio device on allwinner H2+/H3 boards. The internal audio DAC works just fine on Armbian Stretch, but on Armbian Buster the audio device appears as mono-only in pulseaudio. When trying to run 'speaker-test -c 2' the audio channels appear to be flipped?

I figured this is an issue with the device tree? This seems to be a common issue: 

my post:

This issue affects the Buster and Bionic builds. I have a few extra SD cards, so I can test stuff out or give you any required console outputs.

On 4/6/2020 at 5:08 PM, slole said:

The internal audio DAC works just fine on Armbian Stretch, but on Armbian Buster the audio device appears as mono-only in pulseaudio.

Were you using same kernel on Stretch and Buster? And which. "Buster" and "Stretch" tells us little to nothing.

hello, I am running armbian focal on Bananapi M64. When I was on kernel 5.4, I can get ir device named "sunxi-ir" under /dev/input/event1 by running getevent (https://github.com/ndyer/getevent), however after I upgraded kernel to 5.7 the ir device is no longer available. I am not sure if its a problem with kernel or device tree. I tried to modprobe sunxi_cir with no luck.

Edited by maz-1
add description

• Igor unpinned this topic

Hello!

Using Debian packaged by the Olimex people (not Armbian, see their image here) I tried your 1-wire DTS plugin but it did not work.

Trying to understand why, I contacted the linux-sunxi developers who considered that your DTS plugin is outdated.

See the discussion here.

Their suggestions resulted in this DTS file that should work also on Armbian.

I did not make a pull request towards your overlay repository as I am not able to update the param_w1_pin_int_pullup setting code in the sun50i-a64-fixup.scr-cmd file.