Possible bug at compiling files for Orange PI Zero

stefi.com

Hi guys, I bought the orange zero and then I realized how poor wifi. I had some wifi modules from old tablets at home, they are rlt8188eu. After I joined the orange, there was another problem. Wifi driver could not be initialized, because I knew that these modules can operate on orange pc out of box, I began to research the problem. Cause I am linux ZERO, it took me longer time, but I finally found soulution. Problem was in fex file for orange zero, wifi_usbc_type =  it´s without parameter, after I added some parameter ( "5" from working orange pc fex), wifi work like a charm.

I´m not sure  if it´s purpose, or bug, so I write you....

41 minutes ago, stefi.com said:

wifi_usbc_type

I started to disable this on the boards with onboard Wi-Fi after I spotted a commit from @jernejin his OpenELEC repo. Totally forgot the commit message but it sounded like a good idea. Maybe he'll comment and then we can add this to documentation or change to some value back.

@tkaiser you mean this commit https://github.com/jernejsk/OpenELEC-OPi2/commit/3de7bcdf1adc3886938d2b0220c9e30203a1ef0e ? It doesn't have any detailed message, but IIRC I commented somewhere, probably on github.

Anyway, if that parameter has a value, then USB gets probed. Because I changed how the kernel behaves - wifi is always powered on at boot to enable autodetection, this mechanism became redundant and even it could cause troubles, so I disabled it. Of course, wifi driver has to be patched too, where probably issue lies. That's way I added another patch which solves loading rtl8188eu driver: https://github.com/jernejsk/OpenELEC-OPi2/commit/85205e9449a4ff65c967101fbbc736a456afbf2d