./config.sh questions for Orange PI+ 2

jbird1

cheers, new to this, so far have created xenial core, installed virtualbox, built xenial with 4 cpu, 8gb ram, 120Gb vdk, and successfully installed armbian kernel and OS build tools.  Was able to build several OPi kernels, then noticed there was only option for OPi + not OPi+ 2 and it appears to only support 1GB of the 2GB available.  Its this a viable option?  will it automatically do 2GB on boot or is it specifically limited?  Not sure which parameters to change.  

Also looking for an accurate schematic of the Orange Pi Plue 2 would appreciate it if someone can send me a link.

My application is to setup SPI and i2C and from weeks of reading this looks like the correct way to do this.  But not sure of this specific boards chips, so loading all the drivers and associated bits.  Again if you know specifics please point me to them.

Been through a lot of pain with OPi but only way to learn.  Plan on building a lot of kernels so I can learn this area more completely.

BTW your web site and images are by far the highest quality, I have tried all the other builds on the H3 related webs.  Good job folks.

Appreciate all the help on this site.  Also I have ported raspi-config to OPi-config, working currently to fully test and add some more usable bits.  I dont know

how to contribute it (yes I am a HW guy learning SW).

As I get this all figured out I am doing my usual how to documentation which I will contribute and send for review once I have things working correctly.

All the best

jbird1

3 hours ago, jbird1 said:

will it automatically do 2GB on boot or is it specifically limited?

Yes. Don't worry ... regarding schematics. We don't collect them here, but it's collected at linux-sunxi. All board related information can be found 1st at board download page. There you have a link "Hardware details". Follow that, you get to sunxi page with all hardware details and possible schematics. There is no schematics for this board, at least not on usual place, but you can check this one: https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-plus-2e/ since exists and it's familiar. Only diff is USB2SATA bridge and larger eMMC AFAIK.

We ditched the idea to have some general config for boards since hardware diversity, which we deal with, is huge, we have more kernels and maintaining this would be nightmare. SPI and I2C drivers are present and ready to use. Old and new kernel has different approach - do some forum search.

Regarding your code ideas and contributions, check this.

3 hours ago, jbird1 said:

BTW your web site and images are by far the highest quality, I have tried all the other builds on the H3 related webs.  Good job folks.

Thank you. :)

On 30. 3. 2017 at 5:08 AM, jbird1 said:

Also I have ported raspi-config to OPi-config, working currently to fully test and add some more usable bits.  I dont know how to contribute it (yes I am a HW guy learning SW).

https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/commit/98fbe840aca7099d477706ead773756eee81c055

Welcome to join the party :)

Sources here:

- general configuration

- installer

https://github.com/igorpecovnik/Debian-micro-home-server

Some things will go out and some are not working.