Orange pi lite - HDMI output

maxic62

Hello guys,

I read a lot but did not find the answer

I'm trying to Turn ON / Turn OFF my Orange pi lite HDMI output like with my raspberry pi (with the help of /opt/vc/bin/tvservice -o ... etc)

But I'm not able to find a similar command to do it. I only found some tips to do it at start-up only

My goal is, after some times, turn OFF HDMI output (via python script) to force my monitor to switch into sleep mode.

Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks in advance ;)

Max

Hello Taurus,

thanks for the tip but this tool seems to patch script.bin. So a fix state.

We cannot do it dynamicaly 

I want to be able to turn ON / OFF HMDI without rebooting the system

By the way, the tool return

This tool requires legacy kernel on H3 devices. Exiting

OS version I'm using on my Orange Pi Lite

root@orangepilite:/usr/local/bin# uname -a
Linux orangepilite 4.10.3-sun8i #6 SMP Sat Mar 25 02:54:20 CET 2017 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

regards

Which kernel do you have? If it is not legacy 3.4.113, then you are out of luck, because on mainline kernel video output support is in early state and it is not possible to change any setting in runtime.

Yes, all things should be supported by legacy, although switching hdmi on/off at runtime is a bit tricky. IIRC, "blank" sysfs property also doesn't work, but there are debugfs entries which enables to do that. I already described this method on this forum, although description was about switching modes, but turning off is also part of that. I will try to find it.

Ok, I found what needs to be done. If you do:

sudo su
cd /sys/kernel/debug/dispdbg/
echo "blank" > command
echo "disp" > name
echo "0" > param
echo "1" > start

Then you will blank the screen. If you change 0 to 1, then you will "unblank" it.

Please note that I didn't test this on board, but it should work. Let me know if it works for you or not. Root access is unfortunately needed due to writing to debugfs.

Thanks Jernej,

We approaching the solution may be

I switched to legacy 4.3.113 and tried your commands

Actually it works but only something like 2seconds.

Right after the

echo "1" > start

the screen goes blank, then blue but is turning ON right after that.

That is unfortunate. The only other solution I know is this:

sudo su
cd /sys/kernel/debug/dispdbg/
echo "switch" > command
echo "disp" > name
echo "0 5" > param
echo "1" > start

Actually, second number for "param" could be anything. If you want to reenable, then you should write "4 5" to param, where 4 means HDMI output and 5 is wanted resolution, the same number as it is used in script.bin and with h3disp utility (most commonly 10 for 1080p60 and 5 for 720p60) .

I'm glad that it works for you. I found them in kernel source code when I was working on OpenELEC fork and I needed to know as much as possible about display driver in order to optimize video rendering.