FlightAware ADSB Piaware Install

PaulofOz

With an earlier version of Armbian (Server) I was able to use my Orange Pi Pc + to feed data back to Flightaware, Flight Radar, Planefinder, ADSB Exchange. An upgrade put an end to that in the latest version. Is it possible to get this working in future Upgrades of Armbian?

Piaware Install

Igor

As I recall I had Jessie Server 5.23 running. It was the first OS I was able to download the flightaware Piaware client and operate successfully (from the above link.) I did an update / upgrade to 5.25 and I was no longer able to feed to flightaware but I could see aircraft in my browser via the client server. Flightaware was showing the clock to be in error by about 2 days and some hours but when I tried HWClOCK it updated the system clock but had no affect on the flightaware time error on their page. I have since downloaded then updated / upgraded 5.25 then installed Flightaware Piaware and none of the packages seem to be connected when I do  "sudo piaware-status."

PZW

What operating system are you using? I have tried Jprochazka install on a fresh sd card and OS and I could not get it to work. Having said that, I don't really understand Linux but I have had piaware running successfully on my OpiPc+ from a download back in November last year. It was around February when things went awry.

opi@orangepipcplus:~$ sudo piaware-status
[sudo] password for opi:
PiAware master process (piaware) is not running.
PiAware ADS-B client (faup1090) is not running.
PiAware mlat client (fa-mlat-client) is not running.
Local ADS-B receiver (dump1090) is not running.

no program appears to be listening for connections on port 30005.
faup1090 is NOT connected to the ADS-B receiver.
piaware is NOT connected to FlightAware.

got 'couldn't open socket: connection refused'
dump1090 is NOT producing data on localhost:30005.

I just installed Armbian and then I used the got sources to get everything compiled and installed. It will take some time to complete.

The images are for raspberry pi boards so they will not work.

pzw

The link above doesn't download the image but the client and dependencies. I was able to install the client and dump1090-fa from that link into Armbian Jessie server back in Nov/Dec 2016 and it functioned normally.

UPDATE:

I reformatted SD card and installed Jessie Lite again. I have updated and upgraded it. I don't know whether to try again or wait for the future update. What do you think I should do?

UPDATE 2:

I tried installing again and get exactly the same message as in the sudo piaware-status as above :(

opi@orangepipcplus:~$ hostnamectl
 Static hostname: orangepipcplus
 Icon name: computer
 Chassis: n/a
 Machine ID: 6905422150154e32abaea89791a6b240
 Boot ID: f58660e279cc4ed1a12786259cf6297f
 Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)
 Kernel: Linux 3.4.113-sun8i
 Architecture: arm

ATTEMT TO INSTALL DUMP1090-MUTABILITY / DUMP1090-FA ON FOLLOWING DISTROS FAILS:

Armbian_5.30_Orangepipc_Ubuntu_xenial_default_3.4.113.img
Armbian_5.30_Orangepipc_Debian_jessie_default_3.4.113.img

DUMP1090-MUTABILITY + LIGHTTPD + PIAWARE DATA FEEDER INSTALL
-dump1090-mutability is running

-Piaware is running, but does not feed data to flightaware and says "no ADS-B data program seen listening on port 30005"

-lighttpd is running

-map at <IP of Pi>/dump1090/gmap.html gives warning:
"Problem fetching data from dump1090. AJAX call failed (error: Not Found). Maybe dump1090 is no longer running? The displayed map data will be out of date."

DUMP1090-FA + LIGHTTPD + PIAWARE DATA FEEDER INSTALL
-dump1090-fa fails

-Piaware is running, but does not feed data to flightaware and says "no ADS-B data program seen listening on port 30005"

-lighttpd is running

[S O L V E D]   

Modifying blacklist as shown below makes dump1090-fa / dump1090-mutability work.

#open file rtl-sdr-blacklist.conf in an editor

sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/rtl-sdr-blacklist.conf

#add these two line at the end:
blacklist dvb_usb_rtl2832u
blacklist dvb_usb

#save file (Ctrl+o), and close editor (Ctrl+x)

#reboot
sudo reboot

ABCD567

”SUCCESS!”

I installed Armbian Ubuntu Xenial Default and incorporated your blacklist commands. It works a treat. Thanks very much.

BTW, I also tried the Armbian, Debian server but no luck.