[Framework] Build script improvement suggestions #1

I mean also moving messages that are already here, this forum engine should support that.

By default not possible. I am not that familiar with it to do it manually. Let's just close this topic and move to another.

@Igor

I forgot this put this link (as you know I guess) detailing the odroid "Disk layout and partitioning"

https://github.com/umiddelb/armhf/wiki/Get-more-out-of-%22Das-U-Boot%22

@Igor @Zador

I am not that familiar with it to do it manually. Let's just close this topic and move to another.

yes!

Proposal:

Igor may create (I cannot) a sub topic of Development named "Armbian framework tool dev & testing" (or another appropriate title) adding in the title the exact topic

- "[Dev Armbian v4.9] Odroid XU4 mainline image partitioning"

- or "[Test/QA Armbian v4.9] Turris Omnia routing"

so we can separate QA request & fix from DEV talks/planning

We can do pining/unpining top priority topics when needed or remove the pin later if the topic is obsolete/solved/approved... etc.

=> I can handle on my side to move the (non related) topics  from "Armbian framework tool dev & testing" to the others forum entries.

I have tested a bit moving topics, so I can help in case a user puts a topic by "mistake"

@Igor

May you consider to create a submenu for Debian / Ubuntu

=> "Lamobo-R1/Banana Pi R1"

So I can move the so many "R1" topics from Allwinner A10/A20

:ph34r:

I forgot this put this link (as you know I guess) detailing the odroid "Disk layout and partitioning"

https://github.com/u...of-"Das-U-Boot"

I am aware of Odroid boot weirdness but if legacy kernel boots than this part should be o.k. ... I promise to play with it but this week I am very tiny with the time :(

Subforum in development regarding "framework / script / building" is done.

I am just no sure what to do with R1. It's a lot of topics, yes, even in Free sections are some ..

FYI, b53 driver fails to compile for 4.5-rc1

drivers/net/phy/b53/b53_phy_fixup.c: In function ‘b53_phy_fixup’:
drivers/net/phy/b53/b53_phy_fixup.c:32:27: error: ‘struct phy_device’ has no member named ‘bus’
  struct mii_bus *bus = dev->bus;
                           ^
drivers/net/phy/b53/b53_phy_fixup.c:34:9: error: ‘struct phy_device’ has no member named ‘addr’
  if (dev->addr != B53_PSEUDO_PHY)
         ^
scripts/Makefile.build:258: recipe for target 'drivers/net/phy/b53/b53_phy_fixup.o' failed
make[4]: *** [drivers/net/phy/b53/b53_phy_fixup.o] Error 1
scripts/Makefile.build:407: recipe for target 'drivers/net/phy/b53' failed

Edit: commit

Edit 2: Not enough, there were other changes too