FriendlyELEC NanoPi K2 (S905)

Christos

I was able to generate a Uboot and get it working on the sdcard, by working I mean now the HDMI registers and my screen comes on (but black). So the next thing was to build the. Dtb files from FA and replace them in the odroid c2 Debian image and also tell the system to load it in the boot.ini. however I still just get a black screen, so until my new USB ttl comes in I'm stuck. If anyone wants what I've generated let me know, both Uboot and kernel built with no errors so I can share if you want.

finally got a reply from FriendlyArm....not very friendly NO....we aren't doing Debian....Android only!.....disappointed to say the least.

@kicker22004 I have a TTL but have only ever flashed ESP8266 with it....I need to rewire it next weekend for the K2, so at some point yes it might be good for them to be shared somewhere please.

@boudicca Alright I've packaged up the files (uboot.bin/dtb/dts/kernel Image/All boot folder) into a zip file, I've included the fusing.sh filed and placed the uboot.bin in the correct directory so you SHOULD only need to give permissions to the fusing.sh file then run with the correct line.

Example: sudo ./fusing.sh /dev/sdX

If there is anything else that can help anyone here I've got the stock build saved so I can grab anything you need without having to build yourself.

Nanopi-k2_stock uboot&kernel.zip

18 hours ago, kicker22004 said:

also tell the system to load it in the boot.ini.

You've added to u-boot for K2 support\command "configload" from source Hardkernel ?

Without this feature, text files startup script will not work.

24 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

You've added to u-boot for K2 support\command "configload" from source Hardkernel ?

Without this feature, text files startup script will not work.

No i'm not to familure with all of that, I only changed the line from mesen.dtb(something)

Line: fatload mmc 0:1 ${dtb_loadaddr} nanopi-k2.dtb

That's the line I changed

You can show all the changes that made in the u-boot ? In the form as it is now, the regular u-boot will not run the Odroid images and Armbian. You can add a few changes and then be able to try to run Armbian (which is designed for Amlogic platform s9xxx).

Ok uboot is built using your file, My question is do I put the nanopi-k2.dtb in the /boot(fat) or in /boot/dtb with the others?. Also you say don't destroy the partition with u-boot. I'm using the fusing.sh script to flash it, is this the wrong way to flash to the sdcard? What are the DD commands I should be using if so. Thanks for the help btw

1. You need to copy your dtb file (nano-k2.dtb) to the root of the first fat partition (where the kernel files and startup scripts). And be sure to rename your file to "dtb.img" (this is mandatory, because the launch script will only use this file name).

2. If within 5-10 minutes the screen will not image, you need to try to use other dtb files that are in the directory /dtb . Copy them to the root, rename to "dtb.img" and try starting the system.

3. I have not seen the contents of the script, perhaps he correctly writes. To write the new u-boot you can use these two commands.

dd if=u-boot.bin.sd.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0 conv=fsync bs=1 count=442

dd if=u-boot.bin.sd.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0 conv=fsync bs=512 skip=1 seek=1

replacing your parameters are "if" and "of".

Ok i'm reflashing this card just to make sure that the two DD commands are correct. The script runs the first one that you listed but not the 2nd. Also i'm not sure if you have a typo or not. In your first post about the .dtb you said to name it "img.dtb" And in your recent it's "dtb.img" What one is the correct, I'll try both until you have time to reply.

Update: It's dtb.img I did some googling. Also my .dtb doesn't work but I found one that did load up, seems gigabit is live but my usb keyboard is not functioning yet. I'll report after I get more info and a reboot!. Thanks for your help this far!

No TTL, I don't have my USB-TTL in yet (in the mail). This was this image "Armbian_5.27_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_server_20170428.img". I'm attemping the debian xfce build now with the same settings. I'll keep you posted and upload my uboot files!

Ok new update!. We have working desktop (debian xfce)!!

Working with gxbb_p200.dtb

• HDMI
  • USB
  • Gigabite eth0
  • WIFI!!!

Not working:

• Blue led isn't flashing (does with the odroid-c2.dtb but nothing else)
  • Still testing!

Screenshot - 05062017 - 112333 AM.png

7 hours ago, boudicca said:

if you wouldn't mind pls when you got two ticks. Can you do some steps etc. Super Job btw :) well impressed. :)

Many Ta's

Boudyka

I want to get this building first so that it's easier and we don't have to use the modified .dtb file

Also i'm looking to fix the led now from the Odroid. I'm learning myself.

Try to write on Sd card Android regular, replace u-boot on new version, record Armbian on the USB flash drive, to add on the USB flash drive dtb. To connect to the Board only SD card and turn the power on. Should start the regular Android system. Then shut down the system, connect together with SD card and  USB flash drive and turn on the power. Should start the system with USB flash drive. I am wondering how will the multi-boot , run regular Android without USB and run Armbian with simultaneous connection SD and USB. By the way, I recommend to check the images with Ubuntu, it works better playback video. Another interesting test to run LibreELEC with the USB.

Ok i'll try that out tonight, First i'm going to try to use the stock uboot without the modified nanopi-k2.h file you gave me now that i'm sure of the process. Just to see if we can get away with a stock uboot for this device.

On 04.05.2017 at 8:35 PM, boudicca said:

finally got a reply from FriendlyArm....not very friendly NO....we aren't doing Debian....Android only!.....disappointed to say the least.

In this respect the producer to the user, I would recommend to think carefully before buying such equipment.

It is better to spend a few extra dollars and buy the equipment with good support.

7 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

In this respect the producer to the user, I would recommend to think carefully before buying such equipment.

It is better to spend a few extra dollars and buy the equipment with good support.

Yes true. but there's no fun in that. Sometimes "finding a diamond in the rough"  is worth the risk. When RPI was born, who knew it was going to be a success. I ordered an RPI B immediately it came available to order.

As for no support....that's the wonder of the internet... its a frankly amazes me everyday the power of the collective mind. :)

confirm works... booted to xenial desktop.

Did it slightly differently.

I used dd to burn the armbian img to mmcblk0

edited "fusing.sh" to use mmcblk0 (has two entries for mmcblk1 which I don't have on my ubuntu laptop)

Works perfect.  Great Job :) !!!