Bluetooth PAN

sle118

I am trying to setup a logitech squeezebox server on an Orange Pi Zero so that it can be carried around and serve my collection from a large micro-sd card.  This is the 3rd iteration of this already (first was given as a gift, 2nd got fried by 12V, and now this one) and in the past I've been using hostapd to connect while away from home. 

I'd like to explore the possibility of using a Bluetooth Personal Area network, but I am not sure if there is a stack that can achieve this for me. The idea is that I would use bluetooth instead of wifi to connect to the orange pi zero and establish a tcp/ip connection that would allow me to control the server using the phone.  This would basically setup an ad-hoc network connection between a phone and the armbian server.

Any idea/comment is appreciated.

thank you!

10 hours ago, sle118 said:

I am trying to setup a logitech squeezebox server on an Orange Pi Zero so that it can be carried around and serve my collection from a large micro-sd card.  This is the 3rd iteration of this already (first was given as a gift, 2nd got fried by 12V, and now this one) and in the past I've been using hostapd to connect while away from home. 

I'd like to explore the possibility of using a Bluetooth Personal Area network, but I am not sure if there is a stack that can achieve this for me. The idea is that I would use bluetooth instead of wifi to connect to the orange pi zero and establish a tcp/ip connection that would allow me to control the server using the phone.  This would basically setup an ad-hoc network connection between a phone and the armbian server.

Any idea/comment is appreciated.

thank you!

Well, bad pick, as the OPI Zero has no BT controller ! But if you add a dongle and if your phone can do PAN, you can surely establish a PAN server with bluez on your OPI Zero. (Just install bluez-test-scripts or search for "bt-pan", in order to get a python script that can activate PAN profile in bluetoothd through dbus).