Booting the H5 from eMMC

monomial

I just recently acquired a few Orange Pi Zero Plus 2 boards.  I need to get them working for a Bluetooth application. After a somewhat rough start with the WiFi they appear to be running smoothly now.

The first problem I am noticing is that sata-nand-install does not exist on the distribution for the H5.  Can anyone shed some light on what is necessary to get these boards to boot from eMMC? Is there anyone currently working on this problem?  If not, what is the correct version of that script that I should download to begin trying to port it, and what utilities will I need to adapt to make it happen? Any advice on how to begin?

On another front, does anyone know if the Bluetooth on this board has been tested at all? Is it reliable, and are there any demos?

Thanks for any assistance.

5 hours ago, monomial said:

The first problem I am noticing is that sata-nand-install does not exist on the distribution for the H5. 

nand-sata-install is (must be) on all our images since ages, but the problem is that this board is (far?) away from official support. We are still working on it, H5 kernel is under development, builds are untested ... Chip, used on the board, is reliable, but I don't know if anyone already try to bring up BT on this board.

Is there anyone currently working on this problem?

Don't know. Check here: https://github.com/armbian/build/commits/master There are more issues than our spare time.

Any advice on how to begin?

General - start here:

https://docs.armbian.com/Process_Contribute/

Specific - check this script - you need it for enabling BT, but perhaps some adjustment is needed.

https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/scripts/ap6212-bluetooth

What we also find out is, that this chip (AP6212A) needs new firmware at least for Wireless.

@monomial First, it would be nice if you mentioned which kernel are you using, Legacy or Mainline.

On my side, I took the effort to bring this board to Mainline more than a week ago, and nand-sata-install worked fine since the beginning.

The things that still doesn't work is the AP6212 WiFi. For Bluetooth, I've not even looked at it, since I never use it.

Hi,

@martinayotteI try to boot my orangePi zero + from nand, but I don't have chance with that! Do you have some advice, I want use MainLine too and I try to compile a fresh image but I don'nt find the Orange Pi zero 2+, what image I can use ?

Thanks for your answer.

BR.

Gilles.

36 minutes ago, gilles said:

I don'nt find the Orange Pi zero 2+, what image I can use ?

There are two versions of Orange Pi Zero Plus2, H3 and H5.  I know the naming is a bit odd, but we are not to be blame about :) 

choose-a-board.png

As a new user I thought what monomial; "that sata-nand-install does not exist on the distribution".

Later I have learned, the location of this important utility is here:

/usr/lib/nand-sata-install/nand-sata-install.sh

I hope this helps.