0
lopau

OPi Lite: Reconnecting WiFi

Recommended Posts

Hi

 

Does anyone know if the OPi Lite's WiFi is meant to automatically reconnect if the AP reboots or disappears and then comes back? What is the default behaviour supposed to be? Is it meant to automatically scan nearby networks?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, lopau said:

Does anyone know if the OPi Lite's WiFi is meant to automatically reconnect if the AP reboots or disappears and then comes back?

 

This is a software 'issue' and not related to hardware. If you use nmtui or nmtui-connect to establish connection to one or many AP then the behaviour you described is what will happen (though I don't know how network-manager will behave when there's more than one AP with an appropriate profile available. I believe the one with best signal will be chosen)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/5/2017 at 10:42 AM, tkaiser said:

If you use nmtui or nmtui-connect to establish connection to one or many AP then the behaviour you described is what will happen

I've tried restarting my router to see what the behavior was and the connection hasn't been recovered.

 

Consequently I had to turn off the power (something unwanted)  and at restart it has connected again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two Orange Pi lite .... which work 24 hours non stop
I switched off and switched on the wifi network several times in the router option
Always re-connected to the WiFi network to Orange Pilite automatically
I restarted the router several times with similar effect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kris777 said:

I have two Orange Pi lite .... which work 24 hours non stop
I switched off and switched on the wifi network several times in the router option
Always re-connected to the WiFi network to Orange Pilite automatically
I restarted the router several times with similar effect

Now is working for me too! :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
0