SATA/USB NAS - Yet Another Board Advice

loft

Hello guys and girls,

I'm new around here, looking for a board to power my network storage needs.

Up until now I've been running a 2TB USB3 Seagate Expansion connected to a ASUS AC68U router and things were just fine until free space started to be a problem. Recently I "inherited" a 2TB USB 2 Seagate Expansion which I was thinking of putting to good use. Some other 2.5"
SATA HDD's might come my way in the future so I was thinking of taking a stone of the router and building a small NAS.

The main usage will be SMB served sequential operations involving video files (daily) and occasional backups. The current numbers stay around 25-30 MB/s write/read speeds, so anything above that would be welcome (from at least one HDD at a time). I have no need for extra gimmicks. At least one SATA port, some USB3 ports, a Gb ethernet and some video out for initial config are enough.

My research has got me to a short list of boards that might fit my needs:

- ClearFog would probably be the best board, but at 120$ would imply doubling my intended budget

- A20-OLinuXIno-LIME2 might be the second best and it seems to be rather easy to buy directly from Olimex, for some 55€ for the eMMC board (with I am guessing it is the best storage option for this board)

- Cubietruck seems like another good option, but the information on the official site is a little bit confusing (some areas of the site just don't work). Is this just a Cubieboard 3 with a case?

So, what sould it be? Did I miss any other good options?

Thanks in advance!

For your needs, a simple Banana Pi M1 cand do a perfect job.

I have a spanish tutorial on how to create an advanced NAS with this board, but will be the same for any armbian-supported board. Also analyzes the reasons of any decission.

Tell me if you are interested.

Enviado desde mi Jolla mediante Tapatalk