Powering Opi Lite

shippy

22 minutes ago, Igor said:

No video acceleration means video is barely usable, which means: no OMX, VLC or Kodi. Whenever you think on playing videos, stick to legacy and forget about Docker at the same time. WiFi on Lite is operational, while in general mainline support for H3 boards is not yet on desired level / finished. Keep that in mind.

OK :)

Stay away from powering via micro USB at all costs - if there is an alternative option to power via GPIO you always go for that.

If you don't secure proper powering to the board, you will run into various odd problems. You seek troubles.

26 minutes ago, Igor said:

Stay away from powering via micro USB at all costs - if there is an alternative option to power via GPIO you always go for that.

If you don't secure proper powering to the board, you will run into various odd problems. You seek troubles.

Thanks for replying even though I found out that uUSB OTG can be used for power up, and thus erased the question !

I do know your caveats, just am awake middle of the night trying first boot, after which I will fix the power issue in the proper way in the morning.

Right now my multimeter died (so don't want to mess with the YuRobot buck converter MB102 attached to PSU, then use leads to GND/ 5V on Lite GPIO), the 5V, 3A PSUs I have either have wrong jack or are uUSB, and I read warnings online about Lite's slow start etc. But the starting current looks like 500mA, so will try laptop usb port to power via OTG first and wait longer.

Then change SD card to one that definitely works, and try again...

Edited by shippy