OMV image for Orange Pi Plus 2 EMMC

nsc117

Very grateful to armbian to provide such a good image!

Armbian has released many images that have been packaged with OMV。

I am follow this link for a long time:http://kaiser-edv.de/tmp/NumpU8/

I'm happy to see more and more mirrors available。

I used one of the images named OMV_3_0_72_Orangepiplus2e_3.4.113.7z and it works good,Special thanks to tkaiser!

There is another model(Orangepiplus2) that is better suited for NAS Because it has a sata interface

https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-plus-2/

Can Armbian provide OMV images of the above motherboards?

At last, sorry for my poor English.

It would be best to wait until the OMV Armbian builds are officially supported. They are still in a pre-release state, and obviously tkasier hasn't gotten around to testing/compiling for the Orange Pi+2 (if he indeed intends to! ;) ). So you can either wait for that, or try building it yourself following the instructions on how to build the OMV images yourself, and see what your mileage is, and perhaps you could also report back on how well it works for you as some feedback also. It might work out of the box... it might not. As it's still in a preview state, I wouldn't be expected anything any-time soon. Wanting, yes, expecting, NO!

Edited by pfeerick
duh... sed line uncomments OMV install function call

On 27.5.2017 at 10:07 AM, nsc117 said:

There is another model(Orangepiplus2) that is better suited for NAS Because it has a sata interface

Nope, this is not SATA here but the most crappy USB to SATA bridge found on any device.  Please do a web search for 'crappy GL830' for details.

On 27.5.2017 at 10:07 AM, nsc117 said:

Can Armbian provide OMV images of the above motherboards?

Of course not, boards with GL830 aren't suitable for NAS purposes and should be avoided.

On 28 Травень 2017 р. at 5:13 PM, tkaiser said:

Nope, this is not SATA here but the most crappy USB to SATA bridge found on any device.  Please do a web search for 'crappy GL830' for details.

Of course not, boards with GL830 aren't suitable for NAS purposes and should be avoided.

In terms of performance, GL830 provides industry-leading data read / write speed and latency that powered by internal turbo 8051 micro processor. In terms of power consumption, GL830 features low-power mixed signal design to reduce silicon operating current. It also provides various power management options for system designer to reduce system level power consumption.

:D

Just trying to figure out all these USB-SATA relatonships.) I am quite disappointed with the way USB works with its "children", honestly. As I've said, being a noob, I naively was thinking it lets connect SATA controllers the straight way as PCIe does. eh. Interesting, how Ethernet/WiFi connected to USB work then, what the USB "class" they are?

Does anyone have iozone numbers for OPi Plus 2 with SSDs/HDDs connected to this "industry-leading" notreallysata thing? Tkaiser? :)