New member with several questions

Skygod

It's only 55 mins to the New Year here, so let me wish you (and the Armbian gnomes) a good New Year!

I've got a system that is providing all the basics of what I wanted to achieve. Just a few 'gotchas' that I hadn't expected, but I knew that the manufacturer wasn't going to be providing much in the way of support, so compared to the stories that I read of people now using their SBC's as paperweights, I've done well to accomplish what I wanted so far.

(Think it's time to clone the SD card and just start 'tinkering' with a fall back position)

A productive couple of days!

A couple of modifications made to the supplied bin file (bin2fex and fex2bin) and I'm now using the onboard 3.5mm analog audio with no crackles and using a standard TRS cable as well as the SATA drive on the SATA port instead of via USB.

[sata_para]

[sata_para]
sata_used = 1
sata_power_en = port:PB08<1><default><default><0>

[audio_para]

[audio_para]
audio_used = 1
capture_used = 1
audio_pa_ctrl = port:PH15<1><default><default><0>
audio_lr_change = 0
playback_used = 1
capture_used = 1

So, I now have a system running without any USB devices attached and MPD is outputting everything through the analog port.

Just have to resolve the issue of the Wireless sometimes failing at boot. (Often a simple 'reboot' brings it back to life)

Apart from the ongoing wireless / no wireless (just keep shutting down and / or rebooting until it comes back) issues, the board has been performing really well. I'm now just doing some basic housekeeping to check everything is okay and noticed that I'm getting a lot of entries in /var/log/syslog like this....

Jan 29 19:17:01 jukebox rsyslogd-2007: action 'action 17' suspended, next retry is Fri Jan 29 19:18:31 2016 [try http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2007 ]

(There's around 15 of these every hour)

I've seen a 'fix' posted in in respect of Raspbian about this, but wondered if this is something that should be incorporated as part of the distro or is it something users need to discover and fix themselves?

http://blog.cagedmonster.net/node/6