Orange PI Zero Plus2 512mb - No Working Images (fixed problem)

Piv Klit

Dont know whats wrong, but none of the images on the page are working, tried to burn them with ApplePI-Baker and Etcher, but no luck. Board boots fine with stock android image. 

There was someone in here that got it working with an image called Armbian_5.27_Orangepizeroplus2-h5_Debian_jessie_dev_4.11.0.img.xz but where do I download that image ?. And yes I know there is loads of problems, but wanted to test som perfomance on the board.

Hope somebody can point me in the right direction :)

• Igor locked and unlocked this topic

Yeah well I know those questions do pop up all the time, and your kind of repeating yourself, I just cant figure out why your having .img for download that doesn't work. But It wont happen again. And thx for the fantastic work your doing, love armbian on all my other boards.

They are build automatically every day and no one knows if images works - we can't automate this kind of testing. We label images experimental, for developers - sometimes they work, sometimes don't ... until some developer invest his time, inspect and fix the problem. 

We already started to talk about how we will solve this "daily building problem", since it produce much more problems than benefits. People simple does not read before download or does not understand what experimental means. Support questions regarding unfinished product (we are months away) are keep coming, even it's written everywhere that we don't provide any support for experimental and development builds. It's simply not possible.

40 minutes ago, DEHN.IO said:

I just cant figure out why your having .img for download that doesn't work.

These are experimental/development images. Most likely they work from our perspective, but not from yours - display (HDMI and CVBS), Ethernet, wireless and other features like DVFS may not work or they are not implemented yet.

Tried all of the img. files for the board, and nothing works, but thx for the reply, I´ll just wait for my H2+ versions of the board and put these 2 H5 i got on standby, it´s not the end of the world as I just use them for small IoT projects.  

It is the H3 you want, the H2+ does not get much love here because of the lack of support from the vendor , wi-fi is LOW end needs working driver and firmware for the mainline

and if it is doing anything more than sitting idle, it runs on the hot side.

I am happy with the Zero for the money but the Zero plus H3 is much better.

After some testing with different power supplies, i finally got it up and working, first thing i noticed was this

U-Boot SPL 2017.01-rc1-g5df570f-dirty (May 31 2017 - 04:26:45)

DRAM: 512 MiB Failed to set core voltage! Can't set CPU frequency

Trying to boot from MMC1MMC: no card present

spl: mmc init failed with error: -123

SPL: failed to boot from all boot devices

### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

So found and old 8GB  SD card from a phone and tried, and it booted.

thx for your work

A new card did the trick, exactly same brand (Verbatim) and I now got 2 working H5 board running Node-Red and MQTT on EMMC, and since both H5 boards did the same, I blame the card, maybe being worn a bit from moving around in boards the last couple of years, and yes I need to read more in here so I dont ask questions that are already answered :D  

The card btw runs fine on my Raspberry 2. And again thx for the great work, I'm one of those that doesn't need SATA, HDMI, and all the other stuff, just as long as I can access the board with ssh, I'm happy. 

Screen_Shot_2017-05-31_at_20.06.21.png