Please, recommended SBC for recording ip cameras

jjrojo

Hi, I was reading for some days and don't know what's is best SBC for recording (maybe orange pi plus 2e @tkaiser).

Right now, I have 6 1080p IP cameras recording 5 fps 1024 kbs bit rate in a raspberry pi 2 with raspbian and a edimax 7811 wifi.

3 cameras record over ftp.

3 cameras record by shell scripts using ffmpeg only copy not transcode.

I like better bandwidth and if possible hardware decode 1080p for streaming online Videos.

Thank you for your time.

so the pi 2e is awesome... but transcoding with the Opi stuff is genreally just a bummer.     Although not impossible, really your best bet is to run the legacy kernel.... compile the ffmpeg that supports the cedarx stuff, and script your transcoding process and make pre-transcoded files that are generally compatible rather than try to do on the fly.

Are you making this a plex server or client?

re cameras.. what kind of hardware. will they record x264 steams on their own?       I have managed to compile the x264 branch of zoneminder and do direct storage from my amcrest camera high res streams.

Thank you @lanefu.

I have 3 amcrest ip2m_841 and 3 Wansview ncm625ga.

All cameras recording 24/7, 5 fps and audio.

Server --> raspberry pi 2

Os --> dietpi

Sdcard overclocked.

Right now Amcrest record to vstfpd (it's going to be changed by proftpd).

Wansview cameras record method is in bash script with ffmpeg and systemd for start recording.

Record time for file is min.

Some shell scripts for delete files when directory match x kb. Running by Cron.

Plex is running in server mode. Transcode very well and I can connect from whatever through vpn and watch files.

So, I'm storing in 64gb sdcard.

Some time ago, I test hdd usb, but perfomance wasn't good.

I was reading for some time here in forum and tanks to @tkaiser, definitely I bought this board, the idea is changing raspberry for orange pi plus 2e.

Edit: what's os version do you recommend for it?