Banana Pi with digital sensor (DS18b20) on 3.4.113-sun7i

hrip6

Hi everyones,

Last week, I tried to read the value from DS18b20 temperature sensor to log it in the monitor system I already have. But I could not get its value.

I connect the DS18b20 with 4.7k pull up resistor to the pin 16th on the board, which is I guess is IO-4 [PH20] pin.

What I have tried?

- I have tried this: http://www.linuxx.eu/2014/09/banana-pi-temperature-sensor-ds18b20.html

Step I did: Convert the /boot/script.bin to bananapi.fex, then add [w1_para] gpio = 4 to the end of file, save and convert it back to /boot/script.bin. Reboot.

Problem: No w1 dir found in the /sys/bus (expecting it will show w1 dir but it's not).  Use modprobe w1-gpio -> ERROR: no such device.

- I have found the method with .dtb file, however I could not find any .dtb file in /boot. So I fail on very beginning step.

If anyone happen to have this digital sensor work on 3.4.113-sun7i,  please help me on this project. I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you so much.

This is the Linux version I'm working (can be found at https://dl.armbian.com/bananapi/archive/Armbian_5.25_Bananapi_Debian_jessie_default_3.4.113.7z):

cat /proc/version
Linux version 3.4.113-sun7i (root@devel) (gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu/Linaro 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.4) ) #17 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 23 19:43:34 CET 2017

On 02.05.2017 at 0:05 PM, nkahl said:

now comes a tutorial for how to set up a DS18B20 temperature sensor on a Banana Pi

Hi, I am trying to get the DS18b20 working on Banana Pi running ARMBian 3.4.113 but it was not successful.

Would you give me some time on that project please, thanks in advance: 

Edited by zador.blood.stained
Moved from mainline related thread since it's off-topic there

Finally I have found what cause the problem, it's just a small thing that I find in the other new blog (maybe the blog just published lol). In their Troubleshooting section, I found exactly same in my case: http://aplaceto.win/2017/06/06/ds18b20-temperature-sensor-with-banana-pi-m1-armbian-5-25-_3-4-113/

I have that tweak from here a year ago, still have it in my server but have no apparently effect, so I decided to delete it, and the system is back to normal.

-- This unnecessary conversation has been removed by author --

Anyway, thanks to this friendly forum...

Edited by hrip6

I think you need to adjust perspecitve. There are much much more questions / issues, than core group can handle. Next. There is no such thing as demand for answer for something that might be or might not be related to our work, which you are using for free. Here we are talking about changed system, which goes under "not our work - no support". It's almost impossible to help in such cases without investing hours into it.

If some of your contributions were overlooked I only can say sorry. It happens with the same reason. The project is big.

My usual response for professional support, for people that help paying my bills is between week and two weeks. If you need answers faster, you need to use search. Knowledge is there and you just need to put some effort in finding it. 

First of all, thanks for your answer. At least I'm not talking to myself. Before came here to ask a question, I have tried all of the post in the Internet, include every guides not in English, but could not see the problem. Only until yesterday, when that post came up, it gives me the answer.

-- This unnecessary conversation has been removed by author --

Anyways, thanks a lot for being here with me. Appreciate your works on Armbian. Have a good day.

Edited by hrip6

1 hour ago, hrip6 said:

Secondly, did you see how strong the words are?

What about pure coincidence? To clarify: I was absent / travelling / been a lot of time off grid since Friday until yesterday. In general for weekends those who works daily on the project usually divert free time to families and others, not for volunteer work, which is the case here. Response time, which you are exposing as our "failed duty" is not realistic under any circumstances, with bold text or without. Once again, even people who pay for the time, does not demand nor expect this quick response time. Here is volunteer service and attitude is a key to trigger someone's interest to focus and contribute to the problem. Sometimes this is not enough - either we are too busy or the matter is just out of the zone, where we can help. If you address message to general forum public - there is nothing else to do but wait and bring this up after some time passed. Not the next day, if there is no response. Impatience drives people away.

I am glad you managed to fix the issue.

11 minutes ago, Igor said:

I am glad you managed to fix the issue.

Thanks Igor, that's all I need.

I apologize for any negative feelings I brought to you, and for those who viewed this thread.

I was so stress as the children here, in a poor community hospital, they need my system to be satisfied. So I'm a little bit annoying to you guys. You was busy, I understand, it was a coincidence that should not happened. Good luck to you and wish you always happy for everything you sharing now and future.

By the way, if you can, please delete all the post that does not relevant to the OP. I'll do mine first.

Just now, hrip6 said:

By the way, if you can, please delete all the post that does not relevant to the OP. I'll do mine first.

Don't worry. Just leave as is and have a nice day! :)