Clearfog base kernel header update.

Learnincurve

Hi,

I downloaded and installed v. 5.30-next yesterday - kernel 4.11.4-mvebu. The board apppears to run slightly cooler than with v.5.25 and has been stable.

This morning an apt upgrade to 5.31 was available and I started running the update.

Apt upgrade has now been running for about 4 hours, compiling linux-headers-next-mvebu (5.31), with most cpu time going to cc1.  Top is dynamic, with cc1 taking anything from 0% to 100% cpu, so I am guessing that nothing has hung but that header compilation will take a long time on this system.

A similar very long linux header update was experienced when I tried to update this system once before. I aborted that update and failed thye next boot, as the kernel was then inconsistent.   I'd like to avoid a similar problem now, but am wondering how long I should expect to wait before giving up and taking remedial action.

I have not had any problems with linux header updates on other ARMbian systems (orangepi plus2e and Pine64+).

Any experience/advice?

BR.

--Marius--

Thanks.  Killed the process. The rest of apt appeared to be finished and I did a new apt upgrade just to be sure. Killed the process again and now am doing a dpkg-reconfigure on the header package, to see if it will compile to conclusion.